Community Forum

Call Screening Not Working

Regular Visitor

Call Screening Not Working

I have used the call screening feature in Comcast Voice many times and it has always worked, but it isn't now. A robocaller is calling from the same two numbers several times a day. I entered the two numbers in the list of numbers to be screened but the calls are still getting through, up to 4 times a day. I have fewer numbers listed than the 25 number max. I also have Nomorobo enabled and it has been working. I reported the two numbers to them as well. I called Comcast customer service and the tech insisted that I add the callers to the list using my handset, not the website. I've tried both methods and they are just alternate means of adding numbers to the same list. The numbers are both from the 888 area code, so not sure if this requires special handling. I've been waiting for for the next available chat support rep for 40 minutes, I'm ready to bail. Thanks

Official Employee

Re: Call Screening Not Working

Katy57, welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear about the Call Screening issues you're running into. From what you've told me, it sounds like you should still be eligible to block these numbers. I'd like to review the account further with you to troubleshoot. Please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Call Screening Not Working

Katy57, I'm glad I was able to help out with the account! Thank you for taking the time to work with our advanced repair team to resolve this issue. Please reach out again if you need anything else! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!