Community Forum

Call Forwarding

Highlighted
New Poster

Call Forwarding

I am a new Xfinity customer and am not thrilled with the operation of call forwarding. It does work,  but when activated to forward from the home phone to my mobile, the home phone still rings briefly as the call is transferred. This did not occur with AT&T and is annoying, as I would prefer not to disturb others at home while I am away.

Contributor

Re: Call Forwarding

AT&Ts "no ring" seems a bit unusual.  I've had call forwarding going back to the eighties across multiple companies (Texas and Oregon).  All of them had the home phone ring once - to let  you know it's being forwarded. Otherwise, you might forget you have forwarding turned on.

New Poster

Re: Call Forwarding

OK, well for whatever reason, my home phone never rang with AT&T and that's what I prefer. I've tried turning off the ringer but on these newer cordless phones only the volume is adjustable. No ringer on-off function is provided, at least on mine. Guess I will just dig a plain old time  phone out of the junk box and flip the switch to "off".  Thanks for the reply.

New Poster

DVR Skipping / Voice Syncing

Now I have a new issue but can't figure out how to post on the forums. I too now have DVR skipping issues like the hundreds of others who have posted. Sometimes the DVR works fine but most always it operates very erratically - skipping, choppiness, freezing. Fast forward and rewind are almost impossible to deal with. In addition, during live TV, the sound is often not synced with the picture.  It's all very disappointing. I never had this issue with brand X, it was smooth as silk. At this point I am inclined to switch back to U-verse after the promotional pricing period.