Community Forum

Call Blocking Limit

New Poster

Call Blocking Limit

Currently you can only block 25 numbers.  Even with NoMoRobo, I get 3-6 calls a day that either ring once (NoMoRobo "catch") or get through.  Since it seems that Comcast is unwilling to actually do anything to stop nuisance telemarketers, can this number be increased?  I'm at the point where I'm about to just cancel phone service entirely or unplug my phones as it seems I get more nuisance calls than real ones.  I've got a cell phone and its blocking feature works much better.

Problem Solver

Re: Call Blocking Limit

@ wrote:

Currently you can only block 25 numbers.  Even with NoMoRobo, I get 3-6 calls a day that either ring once (NoMoRobo "catch") or get through.  Since it seems that Comcast is unwilling to actually do anything to stop nuisance telemarketers, can this number be increased?  I'm at the point where I'm about to just cancel phone service entirely or unplug my phones as it seems I get more nuisance calls than real ones.  I've got a cell phone and its blocking feature works much better.

You can manually enter numbers to block on Nomorobo.
A robocaller still called me. What happened? 
Occasionally, a robocaller or a telemarketer will slip through, as Nomorobo must constantly adapt to their changes in tactics.

Regular Contributor

Re: Call Blocking Limit

Here are my 3 defenses:

1.  Nomorobo.  If they get past nomorobo I report it to the nomorobo website.

2.  Comcast's call blocking feature.  Yes the 25 number is too low but it used to be 12.

3.  My Panasonic wireless phone system blocks numbers I have added.

Unfortunately there is another problem.  Spammers can spoof a phone number so it looks like the call came from someone else.  This number can be from a legit number like your local police, a number that looks like it is on the same exchange as you, or your own number.  If people would stop buying what these jerks are selling the problem would soon go away.  But there are a lot of dumb people out there.