Community Forum

Call Block Not Working

New Poster

Call Block Not Working

I'm trying to Block telemarketers that call my landline 10 times a day, but even AFTER Xfinity shows me that a number has been blocked, it still rings through. I'm tired of having to stop what I'm doing, go find my phone, to see if it's someone I want to speak with, only to discover it's another telemarketer or just a local number that I don't want to speak with. 

Why does it keep ringing through even it shows as blocked (or rather is shows as do you want to "UNBLOCK CALLER" in the Call History area of the "Voice" page? 

Do you I stop the supposedly "Blocked" numbers from still ringing?

Thanks

New Poster

Re: Call Block Not Working

Same problem here; comcast ACR (anonymous call rejection) DOES NOT WORK. I've entered *77, and still get anonymous calls several times a day. I would really like to use another land line carrier, but, unfortunately, comcast has a monopoly on the cable availability where we live in San Francisco, so, we're kind of stuck until we can figure out how to get something better. Anyone have any ideas?

Official Employee

Re: Call Block Not Working

Hello, all. 

I understand the importance of ensuring you're not receiving unwanted calls. Have you tried using the Call Screening Feature instead of the Anonymous Call Rejection? You can learn more about this here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/call-screening 

Please keep in mind that you can only use this feature for up to 25 callers. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: CALL BLOCKING DOESN'T WORK ON COMCAST

*77 ANONYMOUS CALL REJECTION DOES NOT WORK ON COMCAST. NEVER HAS NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I ENTER THE *77. COMCAST CANNOT SEEM TO GET ON TOP OF THIS PROBLEM. IF A CALLER WON'T LET HIS NAME BE DISPLAYED, THEN I DON'T WANT TO RECEIVE HIS CALL. UNFORTUNATELY, COMCAST HAS A MONOPOLY ON PHONE SERVICE WHERE WE LIVE. WE'VE TRIED TO GET ANOTHER CARRIER, BUT NO LUCK ,SO WE'RE STUCK WITH COMCAST AND THEIR LESS THAN PERFECT FEATURES.

Official Employee

Re: CALL BLOCKING DOESN'T WORK ON COMCAST

mzmusic, thanks for posting here about your issues activating anonymous call rejection. Are you currently subscribed to the XFINITY Voice unlimited saver? Anonymous Call Rejection is not included with the Xfinity Voice Unlimited Saver plan.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!