Community Forum

Blocking calls

Contributor

Re: Blocking calls

And I just bought one. 

Regular Contributor

your welcome firefly5

Cyber turbo power desktop.Intel 4790k 4.0GHz.GPU-Gigabyte Geforce 1060 Windforce OC 6GB-Notebook dv6225us AMD Turion 64X2 2GB Go6150 GPU Vista Home Premuim
Regular Contributor

firefly5, when you get it, let us know how you like it and so on?

I don't like buying electronic stuff that I'm not aware of, I like walking in a store buying it, then if it don't work back it goes to the store.Less hassle if you know what mean. I read the reviews not real strong, but OK.

Cyber turbo power desktop.Intel 4790k 4.0GHz.GPU-Gigabyte Geforce 1060 Windforce OC 6GB-Notebook dv6225us AMD Turion 64X2 2GB Go6150 GPU Vista Home Premuim
Contributor

Will do

Regular Contributor

This  call blocker is pretty cool too.

www.cprcallblocker.com/

www.amazon.com/CPR-Call-Blocker-V202-Capacity/product-reviews/B00GZM6FBU/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_3?ie=...

Contributor

Ok, it arrived Monday, July  the 14th. I plugged it in yesterday.  The silence is now deafening. 

The calls are all gone. It is truely a miracle. No more Robo calls, and those marketers that punch through are getting placed in the black list manually.  It cost $39, which is a lot cheaper than a psychologist.  It has the capability of blocking over 9000 numbers.

It is called the:

SENTRY Call Blocker, Robocall Blocker, Block Telemarketer Calls, Solicitor Calls, Junk Faxes

I bought it on Amazon. It only has a 1/4 page of instructions, and set up is easy enough for a 3rd grader to follow.  Now for those friends of yours than are limited in intelligence, and can not follow instructions you can be free from their calls as well.  Yes I had one friend that took 4 tries before he finally listened to the simple instruction to pass through the gate.  I'm going to have to get better friends. 

Ahhhh the peace.   BTW I have no connection to the folks that sell this little jewel. 

Regular Contributor

That's great to hear, thank's for letting us know ushow it went.

I told the wife before you ordered, she told me, just don't answer the phone, which we don't, told her , calls are driving me krazy.

What I did do was looked at my 2 page phone #'s on paper and screened them for the ones has never called on those #'s any more, and deleted them on my Panasonic phone, and added the one's that called this year.Phone all fill up up of 30 callers, then I used Comcast 12 call blocker from them to add more of the dang callers. I have 2 left if I have to add, so far good for 2 days. See what happens. Thanks

New Poster

How can I block robocalls

Contributor

Well you can read message 206 or you can look at the other recommendations posted above. 

Frequent Visitor

This is such a non-answer.  As a  software consiultant I know this is a random number that has no correlation with near zero costs data storage technology.  The number could be increased to 50 or 100 or 1000 if minute changes were made..  But this does not address the new callers who simply hijack the name and number of a local person.  Comcast appears utterly mystified by this no matter how much I explain.  

"You mean your neighbor is making a telemarketing call?"  "No, the caller is using their name and number."  "So what's the prolem?"  LOLTalk about clueless.

Frequent Visitor

You hit it on the head.  The real problem is the backwardness of Comcast and their total cluelessness as to modern hackers and hijackers.  The employees I talked to (virtually all foreign) had no idea what  I was talking about and fave completely different instructions on how to block calls,  I wish Comcast would spend a littel more on training and not have folks simply invent whatever they think the customer wants to hear.  

Frequent Visitor

The thing is  - you shouldn't have to pay a dime.   Like email services that one can click a button and block future emails, this could easily be done with phone calls.  But the problem remains that somehow evern telemarketer in the world has access to Comcast phone numbers.  (And yes, we are on the "Do Not Call" list, have blocked calls, blah blah blah)  I've reported a number and the fact that they used this 76 year old woman;s name and number for telemarketing and was assured they would "look into it."  LOL

Contributor

smb12321  You must make your mother proud, being a software consultant and all.  What is your point?  IF it is that Comcast does not resolve the issue that is within their capability, then what are you doing to resolve the issue other than pontificating here?  AND how effective have you been to date?  I think that all of us recognize, by now, that Comcast is doing absolutely nothing. AND until I hear Comcast come up with a solution, and it proves to work, I will continue to believe that Comcast does not care about resolving the issue.  BUT that does NOT solve the issue for the individual does it. 

The answer to the problem for most of us then becomse, what can I do to prevent being harrassed constantly by these jerks?  Well initially, I used the Comcast system to block them, when the available blocks ran out, I purchased a Panasonic system that gave me 40 more blocks.  When that filled up I bought the system I mentioned above.  Now peace reigns within the household.  For how long I do not know. I do know this, there will be no more ROBO calls unless the computer learns to mimic a human. Perhaps even a software consultant.  Sorry I could not help it. 

New Poster

The simple solution to stop your Phone service with Comcast. I"m about to as the DONOTCALL list is a joke. traffic seemed to have picked up after I added myself to that list. Majority of people have cell phones now so to cut the cord is a real possiblity.

I do like the Idea of a "whitelist" wherein you add the callers you want through. Long in short of it why am I paying for telemarketers to have a path into my home?

Frequent Visitor

My mom (passsed) was proud of me and would have been disappointed if I had repsonded as you did.   I do agree on one thing - Comcast is not fixing the problem or even trying.

Frequent Visitor

I am not getting calls from numbers on the Comcast block list - so much for efficiency. 

Regular Visitor

I've tried the same steps that have been mentioned (DNC, Comcast blick list, COmcast selective forwarding, Panasonic phone) and finally signed up for NOMOROBO, which worked fantastic for about a month (robo call rate dropped 90%)

the problem I have now is I have started receiving calls FROM MY OWN (comcast)  NUMBER and from invalid phone numbers.

the "IT help desk people" are really good at calling from 860-111-1111 and also from 1075 (yes, that;s the whole number displayed).

The problem is, since these are invalid numbers, I cannot block them. even nomorobo has trouble with them.

I contact Comcast about it and was told "It's a nationwide problem and there is really nothing they can do"

as mentioned above, they could if they chose to, they really shoudl automatically block any invalid number in their system, but they choos to be cheap and not bother.

my fix is to drop my phone and go back to verizon for a landline with new number, then route all my calls to google voice (which has an unlimted block list capability)

maybe Comcast doesnt' want to be a phone comany any more and they're hoping we all drop out lines....

New Poster

I think we should "selectively call forward" them to the Comcast number!!
Regular Visitor

Susieinsf, can we bounce it to a comcast number, like at their offices?

I am on every Do Not Call list known to man and I STILL get the calls.

MN

Regular Contributor

Darn, I was doing good, blocking these darn telemarketers, now they are getting smarter, got 2 of them, in 2 days, one # was 1715, other one was 14-756-3686 Comcast blocker can't block these, they are invalid #'s it's how they show up on my caller ID. How are they able to call me with incomplete phone #'s?

Also I'm up to 16 on Comcast blocker, I thought we could only block up to 12 with Comcast Blocker?

They only called 1 time so far, I don't answer any one I don't know.

New Poster

i'm writting to let u know that I'm receiving phone calls from my own number to apply for a credit card ,, i need to be sure that my information not get stolen or hucked especial my number in unblished tx

New Poster

I'm getting ROBO calls from my OWN COMCAST number too!!  I thought I was going crazy at first.  Comcast will now allow blocking up to 25 numbers, which is a good thing but won't be enough shortly, I'm sure.  I'm ready to get rid of my landline all together.  I'm just a nervous wreck from the phone ringing constantly.

New Poster

If we use the selctive call forwarding-why not forward it to one of the 800 or spam numbers?

@susieinsf wrote:

Since Comcast doesn't seem interested in responding to customer requests to permit more than 12 numbers to be blocked, I have discovered a way to expand the list from 12 to 24:  Try "selective call forwarding".  You are allowed to selectively call forward 12 numbers in addition to the numbers you block.  I found a local number that was no longer in service, and whenever I get an unwanted call, I enter that number onto my list to selectively call forward to the disconnected number. 

Frequent Visitor

Because you can not forward to a 800 #

You could forward back to a @rap caller but the numbers are bogus I think is best to forward to your state attorney general's office maybe then they'll do something about the problem, if more people did this there phone system would be so tied up with @rap calls maybe they would get up off there ^ss and do something.

New Poster

How do you activate selective call forwarding, and can you turn the tables on the telemarketer (say 800's for example) by using on of the the 800 numbers as a forwarding number?

Expert

@Anon1541734 wrote:

How do you activate selective call forwarding, and can you turn the tables on the telemarketer (say 800's for example) by using on of the the 800 numbers as a forwarding number?

You could, but so many of those so-called marketers are using outbound only, robo machines...   most of the numebrs that ARE identified are either "spoofed" or do not represent an actual inbound number....

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

how do you disable the blocking feature.  Also I want my answering machine to pick up my calls .how do I stop comast voice mail

New Poster

definitely need to be able to block more than 12 numbers

Frequent Visitor

I had to call them and tell them to turn off the Comcast voicemail...

Regular Contributor

I can block up to 25 on Comcast and 30 on my Panasonic phone.
There's something which the wife hates, I disconnected all my landline phones and I use Xfinity connect on my cell phone and I can see who is calling but I get a short notice on my phone and flat screen TV that whom is calling so it's a lot better here in the darn LDline phone rang about 6 times or 10 times, now 2 times on cell, plus I can dismiss call on cell, I'll try calling on my cell phone to hear what callers hear when they call my Landline.
I just called my landline using cell phone, goes to voice mail after  a few rings, which that is good because telemarkers do not use the voice mail, they just want to hear somebody pick up the phone which I do not,the wife would like that feature of me disconnecting the landlines because our voicemail still works the only downside the Panasonic unblock calls probably wouldn't block the telemarkers now however they can still leave a voicemail which they don't and ofRobo calls.the wife doesn't like it because she's afraid she will miss a call but I tell her my cell phone through Xfinity connect shows up whom is calling and the TV but we still can get a voicemail, so then I downside is we are paying for a digital voice mail and for the having using the xfinity connect. Also wife likes picking up the known calls and talk to them right away, when seeing them on the cell phone and calling friends back they don't answer most of the time, and there lazy on leaving a voice mail, that's the part she hates.

Contributor

I should call Comcast and ask, however I dred it.  Wonder why when the phone rings and the tv is on at times I can see on the bottom of the tv screen who is calling, then for the most part  it doesn't show up? What's up with that?

Frequent Visitor

This is pretty long; but if you want to read it, it gives basic background of the telecom system, and places where you can research the nitty-gritty details that keep the 100 y/o phone network running.  All this information is easily found online, and there are dozens of support sites that network operaters also frequent that deal with managing and working within, and around, the inherent limitations in the hardware and control systems.  While it's nice to be able to arm-chair speculate, the Internet has made it much easier to get insight into what goes into operating many of the systems that run the world.

The following is generalized from prior experiences implementing and working with systems; and may not represent 100% what Comcast may be doing, but is common practise.

The maximum blocking limit is pretty standard in the US because of the PTSN (Telephone Switching Network) hardware.  

The switches themselves have extremely limited memory for additional switching features after all the routing information is loaded (which is more important, otherwise your calls won't reach their destination), and you get the "Your call could not be completed as dialed" message.

Because of this, memory management is of greatest importance, and every last bit is managed.  When states went through from 7 to 10 digit dialing, this increased the table size, and decreased the amount of space for secondary features.

Now, this is for legacy systems that use the physical copper network; which is faster, and more reliable.

As telecom operators switch to Internet Relay systems, this involves updating hardware, network infrastructure, management, and interfacing with the PTSN network.  -IF- your local connection, and all associated hardware between your nodes have been upgraded, then there is a possibility of increasing this; as the newer devices have greater CPU power, and more memory, as they have to interact with SIP session protocols.  However the limitation will still be in the switching hardware; which are commodity items that are purchases, and fairly standard (these restrictions will usually apply to all carriers, based on which features they enable or disable at the switch;  out of the dozens of switching features available, each operator has to manage the fixed space, and how much data they can give to each feature, so that the switch doesn't run out of hardware memory and begin to drop calls.

As for firefly5's comment on not possess the software to counter the spoof numbers:

Loaded question.  Systems generally don't work like this; and implementing such a feature would degrade the performance of all calls significantly, and severely decrase reliability. 

This is because in order to get the call to a software processor, one must convert the call from PTNS (Copper/SS7) to SIP (VoIP) and route the call to the processor.  This processor then "answers" the call, and runs whatever logic they can against all the data that is passed in (which varies from every vendor of switch and intermediary router between call originator and destination, more data added as the call gets passed onwards;  one of these is all the billing information.  Each telecom operator must pay for all the data they send to other telecom networks, and charge for calls passing through their routers;  this pricing information is available, and depending on how much you pay for your service, they will route to more expensive routes (faster, more direct, or reliable), or the discount routes (less reliable, longer route means more delay between speaking and hearing).  This is a delicate balance.  BUT; this information is in the headers, and you can only trust that the number (originating caller, billing caller, intermediatary billing callers, etc) and once the call is connected, the charges are concretely incurred.   

Now, as for not possessing the software;  if this were to be used for all callers, there would be a load added to every incoming or outgoing call;  and in addition, heuristics will need to be used to determine what constititues a "spoof number".  From the call data standpoint, they look identical to authentic data; otherwise hey would be trivially blocked.   And as for thinking that you can block someone simply, there is also the problem of each switch that processes the call routing along the path, may update or modify data before it is relayed forward depending on brand, date of purchase, etc.  Thus, a person calling me may have different caller id's depending on time of day they called, or current network congestion.  This is particularly true for "no caller id" users, where depending on the switch, the CNAM record will be populated as "6140000000", "CBUS W    OH"  "COLUMBU OH"  "614"  "6146661212"(the actual number duplicated), "CELL PHONE  OH"  "UNKNOWN"  "OUT OF AREA"  "614 CALLER"  etc;   These are set up by the individual switching operators; and are effectively meaningless, while it's required to pass this data onto the end-user unmodified in receiving the call; many places will filter out the more common items in billing and online histories ( ### number;  CELL PHONE <state>,  OUT OF AREA, etc)

And presumably the third issue is the legal liability of doing it automatically. 

The US is a very litigatious society, and it has been proven over time, that even if a user consents to a service or action, if something unexpected happens, they can still sue for damages incurred by using the service they opted into using;  not all risks are known, and it's folly to expect to convey all the unknowns to a user.  Other countries use "personal responibility" to shield companies, not so in the US.  Here, one is not allowed to say "By using this service ther are the following risks: <list>"   Any unknown risks, extreme uncommon risks, anything that possiblily could happen, but never has  -- are generally not listed; BUT if something happens, in the US, huge lawsuits will ensue.  The rest of the world, one is expected to use critical thought, and think about what could happen if they use a service that changes the status quo; and up to them wheter the unknowns are worth the benefit..

It is currently law to complete every call into the network as dialled.  Period.  

This was passed due to the former practise in the 80s to drop calls that come in on expensive route swtiches.  Once this practise was outlawed, dropped calls ceased, but it also opened up the new process of creating cheaper, indirect, more-latency routes, which telecoms could use; but also make for annoying calls where there's a more noticable delay between speaking and when the other person begins hearing.

Now, if Comcast were to block calls automatically, it would not only violate this law; it would also open itself up to potential lawsuits should an important call be mis-blocked.   Taking the safe route, they will only block calls that are explictly blocked at the command of the end-user.  Which is sensible.

THey seem to be willing to offset that risk by enabling routing of your call (forwardngi) to multiple parties (like nomorobo) which you a) intentionally elect to do;  and b) accept the risk that they will block important calls;  and c) is not comcast, thus liabality is placed nearly exclusively on the third-party providing these blocking services.

Common complaints have included not receiving any calls at all.  Third party blocking services have incorrectly blocked calls from completing; answering calls without a call-transfer; incorrectly blocked all incoming international calls (being unable to handle 11+ digits) or simply gone down, leaving the subscriber with no incoming phone service.  

I can see why Comcast would not want this excessive liablity and risk on their shoulders; especially with technologies and services that are very nacient (< 10 years old) vs the services and tools which have been proven with known risks and error rates over decades across many providers.

Regular Visitor

I also have some numbers blocked and they still get through. I did this am

@jhutchinson5 wrote:

A number that I blocked is still getting through.  Once I've answered and the recorded telemarketing message begins, the call is cut off.  Is this what Comcast means by blocking a call?  What good does that do?  I still have to answer it! 

Contributor

I live in Florida and Comcast is not cheap! They still have glitches to work out, never the less I feel we are paying top dollar for an inferior product. Guess we better get use to it or try another avenue.  Big Corp is taking over!!  

Frequent Visitor

I chatted with a Comcast representative, and he informed me that telemarketers are using scramblers to hide their identity and the real phone number. Those scrambled numbers can't be blocked because they are not real numbers.  Comcast says there is nothing they can do about them.  I usually answer and immediately hang up before the Robo system connects to an agent. Normally most of these calls are during the day and early evening (but it still disturbs our peace and if you happened to be recording something from Pay Per View, the call shows up on your TV screen and gets recorded).  I have requested Comcast cancel this feature, but so far have been unsuccessful.  This morning was the straw that broke the camel's back. My wife and I are retired and usually keep late hours watching TV or reading, and last night we went to bed after midnight.  At 5:52 a.m. this morning the phone range and we panicked thinking there was an emergency in the family, but the caller was "Not Available" and the phone number was "15".  Needless to say our sleep was interrupted and we were unable to get back to sleep.

We have both our home and cell numbers listed with "DoNotCall.gov" but their guidelines say that anyone we've ever done business with (including survey takers) have the right to call us. I've always been taught "Don't answer the robocall" as it will let them know they have a "live fish on the line".  The guidelines at "DoNotCall.gov" have procedures for reporting telemarketers who are violating the Do Not Call list, but you need to report their name and phone number, so the only option is to answer the call (which I did while I was writing this and nobody answered and eventually went to a busy signal) get their name & phone number and then report them.  If it is somebody that you have previously done business with you have to tell them that you want your number on their "Do Not Call" list.  If they continue to call you can then report them.  

I checked with my local police department regarding procedures for "harassing phone calls".  They said that we should keep a log, and if we received more than 5 from the same number (not sure how one knows this if it's scrambled) we can then file a police report and they'll do a trace if they have the dates and times.  So for now I'm going to start answering these calls and if it is somebody I've done business with, I'll formally request they add my number to their "Do Not Call" list (a violation is a $16,000 fine).  If it's not somebody I've done business with, I'm getting their name and number and reporting it to "Do Not Call" dot Gov.

I can't be the only person who's having this problem.  We need to fight back.

New Poster

I just spent an hour trying to find out how to block an incoming phone call. Everything that comcast has on here to do, does not work...Shocking. Finally giving up. I even tried what posters said to do and that doesn't work. When is Comcast going to figure it out and become a company that people want to do business with, rather than get frustrated with every avenue of their product!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

To Kcat:   My biggest frustration is trying to find a real person to talk to, but I might be able to help you with your call blocking not working as I have been to some degree successful.  As I mentioned in my post phone numbers that are hidden through the use of some form of encryption machine that results in numbers like "5701" or "99" they haven't been very successful helping me with.  But if you are receiving real numbers (10 digits with an area code and a real number, not 999-999-9999) (yes, I did get one like that).

Please clarify.  Have you been able to enter a number in call blocking and it still calls?  I haven't had that happen, but I am being plagued with a number of anonymous callers even though I've asked for all "unidentified" calls to be blocked.  If you have one particular number that's been harassing you, click on Preferences in the bar above your e-mails.  Then click "Voice". You will see a list among which is "Call Blocking".  When you click on it it will open a window with the following options: "Block Anonymous Calls" which you can enable by clicking the box. Then below you have the ability to "Block Certain Numbers".  You can create a list of up to 25 numbers that will be told you are not presently accepting calls.  So far I have not received any phone calls from the numbers I have entered.  

The problem is that telemarketers have gotten really sophisticated and can even show a number on your caller ID that identifies a number close to your city so it makes you think it might be somebody you know.  If I don't recognize the number I let it go to voice mail. Most of the time they hang up.  I have also registered with "DoNotCall.gov" but it doesn't seem to be doing any good because I get up to sometimes as many as 10 of these calls a day and it is beginning to be a constant disruption. If they are robocalls, it takes a while for the system to register that you have answered the call and to direct you to a salesperson. So I have started answering the call and immediately hanging up.

If you are receiving harassing phone calls from someone you don't want calling you and the call blocking is not working, I was advised by my police department that I could file a complaint with them after five calls and they would track it down.  Hope some of this helps.

Regular Visitor

Star60 listen to instructions completely before doing anything. Good Luck
New Poster

Where do I find the phone call block from this page
Frequent Visitor

Saun7, I was not able to access the blocking preferences from this page. You are in a forums message thread. Go to your normal log-in for your e-mail account, then you will see a bar across the top that says:

e-mail - voice - address book - calendar - test messaging - preferences

Click on "preferences" and then click on the phone icon for "voice", then you will see the link for call blocking.

New Poster

Am having same problem. Number already on list, but it gets through. Was this ever solved for you?

Frequent Visitor

I'm also having this problem. I have Block Anonymous Calls selected and I have several numbers on the block list. Even so, my phone rings over and over with Anonymous calls and from numbers which are supposed to be blocked. Clearly this feature is not working. It has gotten so bad that I've unplugged the phone so that it won't ring and mainly use my cell phone. But the calls still show up on the TV screen and are a constant annoying reminder that the blocking function doesn't work.

Contributor

icywolfe  - Thanks for providing the expertise that helps us understand why Comcast does what it does. Too bad that this explanation is not posted for all to read prior to their posting.  Including mine.  My rodocall machine does works and now peace reigns thruout the kingdom. 

New Poster

the way to block those unwanted calls is as follows...yes it works, I just did it!

when you hear the dial tone on your phone, press *60.  You will get a prompt where you can either enter the number you want to block, or you can just hit a number from the prompt that will block the last incoming call.  

If you want to deactivate the screening then just hit *80

Regular Contributor

Hi guys, I told a friend about the Telemarket, and robocalls and so on, she said she called Comcast and told them about Telemarkets Blocked calls to her, she does this from Comcast set up for her phone where if some one calls that has a blocked # they have to dial *82.

I just called Comcast and they told me it is the other way around that I have to dial *82, what good does that do I told Comcast guy,he looked it up on his end.he said I have to dial *82 I told him I want calls coming in for the person on calling us would have to dial *82 if they were a private caller, or they are using a blocked #

Can someone correct me or clarifi me on this subject, if I stated it right on my call to Comcast that I'm right and Comcast is wrong or no such thing of what my friend had Comcast do for her? thanks

Regular Contributor

Hi guys, I told a friend about the Telemarket, and robocalls and so on, she said she called Comcast and told them about Telemarkets Blocked calls to her, she does this from Comcast set up for her phone where if some one calls that has a blocked # they have to dial *82.

I just called Comcast and they told me it is the other way around that I have to dial *82, what good does that do I told Comcast guy,he looked it up on his end.he said I have to dial *82 I told him I want calls coming in for the person on calling us would have to dial *82 if they were a private caller, or they are using a blocked #

Can someone correct me or clarifi me on this subject, if I stated it right on my call to Comcast that I'm right and Comcast is wrong or no such thing of what my friend had Comcast do for her? thanks

Well I found on the *77, just got a call from a Telemarketer, showed a full ID #, my wife said the *77 would be for anonymous caller, we only have one caller that shows up anonymous, which is our friend, I guess Comcast was right that no such thing for what my friend has to block callers that show a ID phone # calls coming in to me.

My contract will be up Nov.that is the time I'm going to yank the lanline phone off the wall ,and cancel phone service from Comcast, and use or CELL phone, I get no telemarkers on my cell, wife too, plus we will save some bucks, and piece and quiet from all the stupid callers.

Regular Visitor

There use to be a place on here where I can block some one from calling me....WHERE did it GO!!!! Get it bck for me!!! NOW!!!

Frequent Visitor

As I explained to Saun7 above. You are currently in a forums message thread. You can't access "Call Blocking" from this Forum.  You have to log-in to your e-mail account, then you will see a bar across the top that says:

e-mail - voice - address book - calendar - text messaging - preferences

Click on "preferences" and then click on the phone icon for "voice", then you will see the link for call blocking.

There's a box to block all "Anonymous" calls and then below you can list up to 25 real numbers that you want to block. By "real" I mean the number including area code  (XXX-XXX-XXXX).  I've gotten calls that my caller ID listed as "1507" or only two digits.  Those are computer scrambled and there's no way to block those unless you answer it and find out who it is that's calling and then you can report them to "DoNotCall.gov" where they can be slapped with a $16,000 fine if they keep calling you.  I got four calls in one day from West Palm Beach, Florida. I know absolutely no one who lives in Florida, so I entered the number from my caller ID and so far haven't had any more calls from Florida.

Good Luck!

Contributor

Nice of you to take the time and explain about call blocking! I just don't answer calls I don't recognize. If it's important they will leave a message. I also have comcast for my tv and sometimes but not all the time an incoming call will be displayed on the tv screen. That's a nice feature if the tv is on, however, it doesn't always work? I refuse to call comcast concerning this matter, it is just not worth my time and agravation to deal with them. Big corporations rule and we either pay their prices or find another way.

I live in Fl and have happened to see a commercial for low income families receiving a lower rate from Comcast. Has any one else seen it? Not sure who is promoting this though?

Regular Visitor

I was very happy with my service until Comcast installed a new modem awhile ago. I then lost Caller ID on my pc and I no longer have access to my block call list. i have tried 4 times to get a chat with Comcast and ech time nobody ever responds . I am paying for a service theat I am not getting. It is very frustrating  I am 90 years old and no longer able to fight for my rights.

Any help from anywhere would be appreciated.   Bill