Community Forum

Blocking Calls

New Poster

Blocking Calls

I'd like to find out how you block unwanted calls.  In addition is there a way to find out how long a number has been blocked?

Expert

Re: Blocking Calls

@LindaGmeiner wrote:

I'd like to find out how you block unwanted calls.  In addition is there a way to find out how long a number has been blocked?

See the following link:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/call-screening

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

How do you block numbers on home phone

New Poster

Do not try this link; no one answers
New Poster

How do I block calls from numbers that display as "invalid?" The blocking system will not accept a "135" area code.
Regular Visitor

thank you ben there, l am a 84 years man and with you all most 40 years, , l am having this ph calls and when l do answer (do not any more) there is no body there this is going on for a long time so l did call you about 6 months ago and tha lady l talk was a great lady and she help me with my problem, that number was block, now wih a different numbers and same style l am getting these call again l need help, l live all by myself and for 84 year old get up and go to a ph for nothing is a ig job this happining middle of the night too my ad   akincaldiran@comcast.net   and ph no is  517-886-0523  thank you

New Poster

I want to block all unwanted calls, especially spam.

Some have no caller id; others with seemingly local phone numbers which I do not recognize.  I have applications on my mobile phone to stop these but not for my compast supported phone.  What do I do?

New Poster

I have the same problem and I'm 77.

I can stop unwanted calls on my cellular phone but not my home phone.

New Poster

Go to caller ID, scroll down to the number. Select the edit button, then save the CID number, select call block, then yes under call block, then select save. 

I don’t know if it is feature on my Panasonic cordless phone or if it is from Xfinity. 

Contributor

EasyEddy1 & akincaldiran,

Have you tied Nomorobo? It's free.

Go to https://www.nomorobo.com/signup

and/or https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/nomorobo

to learn more and sign up if you want.

I use it and works pretty well for me.

Regular Visitor

this is a long story and l am a 84 years old man , so please can some body will call me or can you give me a number to call thank you so much for your kindness

Regular Visitor

can l call somebody there or Xfinity can call me l need some help and please forgive me l am a 84 years old man and lives all by myself so l am asking be pashine with me please tthank you

New Poster

How can I block calls on my phone.

Frequent Visitor

nomorob helps some - but i still get lots of calls.  Comcast needs to add easy feature on mobile app (connect) to block a number directly from the app.  ALSO, comcast currenlty limits number of *60 blocks to 25 numbers - ridiculusly low , and hard to modifiy.  A cell phone has many more ways to easily block AND REPORT robocalls.   I get hunderds of "lower my interest rate" calls a month.