Community Forum

Answering machine woes

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Answering machine woes

New Customer.

I had/have a panasonic phone and answering machiine which had a blinking light after a message had been left.

Now I have Comcast voicemail and have no idea if there are any messages in my box.

My Panasonic answering machine is not working now.

Any idea how I can get rid of the Comcast voicemail and get my old answering machine up and running again?

Regular Visitor

Re: Answering machine woes

answered via phone

Frequent Visitor

Just deactivate voice mail from your Comcast account.  That way only your answering machine will answer it.

You can also use both. Have your answering machine set to answer after "X" number of rings.  Have the Comcast voicemail answer at least 1 ring longer.

Regular Visitor

I did call and cancel, but the Panasonic is still not picking up.

Frequent Visitor

If your answering machine is not picking up, you need to make sure you have the machine set to answer and in x number of rings.

Regular Visitor

answer: on

number of rings  :7

voice greeting: on

I can call from another phone, hear the greeting,and leave a message, but it is not left on the machine.

Frequent Visitor

Sounds like you have your answering machine on announce only.  Therefore it's not recording.

Regular Visitor

Resolved. Thank you for your answers.

I went in and re-registered my base and my 2 phones.(Held down the 2 phone icons on the base and then held down Flash on each phone.)

perhaps that caused it to work..either that or the line/machine just got the cancellation message at that time and it took a while for things to kick in after the Comcast mailbox was cancelled.