Community Forum

All caller ID showing as private/anonymous

New Poster

Changed to new XFI modem and now all caller ID show up as private or anonymous with no phone numbers. How do I get the actual names/numbers to show up?

New Poster

Re: All caller ID showing as private/anonymous

I am having same issue

New Poster

Did you ever get resolution

Frequent Visitor

I have rebooted every blasted Comcast box in my home and still the same problem. Got a beer in preparation for my journey into customer service black hole. Chose chat rather than go another rounds phone with the AI operator whose only function is to get consumers good and angry  prior to talking to a live being.

Bless the agent's heart all she did was what I told her I had done TWICE! 

Now here I am, and no answers here either. Xfinity keeps trying to sell me on their cell phone. Ain't no way

Official Employee

Hello all, I am sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with caller ID and would like to help.  If you still need assistance please send us a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am having this same issue. Ever since new package upgrade. I just had to talk to someone about re-setting voice mail and now I have the caller iD issue

New Poster

How can I get the caller IF on my land line phone? My mobile phone also receives a call notification for incoming call and there I can see the caller’s name (may be its picking up details from my phone contacts).
New Poster

How can I get the caller ID on my land line phone? My mobile phone also receives a call notification for incoming call and there I can see the caller’s name (may be its picking up details from my phone contacts).
New Poster

Same issue and phone customer service is useless and simply reading from a script. Wants to send tech person out
New Poster

New Poster

I used to be able to see who was calling (by number on my VOIP xFinity land line) on my TV screen.   I never answered Annonymous calls.  Recently all of my callers are showing anonymous on the TV yet if I have my iPad in hand the number pops up in the notification window as it always has in the past.  How do I get the numbers back up on the TV screen??

New Poster

I am having same issue. Just started happening within the past month or so.

New Poster

Hello, 

I updated my xfinity equipment and now all my caller id say anonymous.  I would really like to have this issue resolved.

Thank you!

New Poster

TV will not show caller id

Do anyone know how to turn on caller id to tv

New Poster

I have new Xfinity service and caller ID is coming up for certain people has private/anonymous. Did anyone ever get a remedy for this?

Contributor

New eqipment and reset again tonight. Still caller ID not showing names. Nobody has got a remedy yet?

Frequent Visitor

My phone is telling me that I received a phone call but the phone never rings and no caller ID is availabler.  It seems to show up randomly.  I recently purchased my own modem hoping that this problem would be resolved.  It is not.  When I call Comcast for help the only thing they can do is reboot my modem.  That will not resolve the problem.   I am almost ready to dump Comcast if they cannot get their act together.

New Poster

All incoming call are anonymous since upgrade or downgrade to X1, my previous one is working callerid