Community Forum

Advanced call forwarding

Contributor

Advanced call forwarding

Do I need to have the app running on phone to get it to simultaneously ring there with my home phone? I thought it worked with app in background but now it looks like I need to app always running?

Carl
Official Employee

Re: Advanced call forwarding

Hi, CSM123. Thanks for posting. You shouldn't have to have the app running in the background. Do you happen to have an iPhone?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Yes, using iPhone. Doesn’t work for anyone in my family. It does look like now it will work if I have the app running in background. Didn’t need to do this previously.
Official Employee

Interesting. I might have to open a research request for you then. First, can you please sign all the way out of the app for me (on all devices) and let me know once you have done that?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Ok. Logging out now. I spoke with someone last week for an hour on it so maybe already a case open.

It has happened before a few times, and Comcast person resets something on the server and then it works. Then after a few weeks it stops working again.

Carl
Official Employee

Thank you. To confirm - currently you're having trouble receiving the banner pop that normally displays who is calling when the application is not running in the background, is that correct? 

Contributor

Yes, when someone calls on my home phone, it normally used to pop-up on the cellphone so that I could see who is calling and answer it there. Now it seems to only work if I have the app running in the background always.
Official Employee

OK, yes. I wanted to make sure. There is currently a known issue declared about that feature and with iPhones only. We plan to roll out a new app update in late January to fix that. We do apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your understanding very much!

Contributor

Great. Will look forward to the update. Just wish Comcast could post things like that and I could have avoided hours on the phone with customer service that never has much of an answer. Thanks for giving me the info quickly today.

Carl
Official Employee

Definitely. If you have a request pending that was created for you on this issue, chances are that our advanced repair team would have informed you on their call back that it is a known issue. I do understand what you mean and where you're coming from on that though. You're always welcome to reach out and/or check in about things here too, but I understand that calling in can be convenient too. Thanks for your time today. Happy Holidays!