Community Forum

can't log into portal

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

can't log into portal

I got comcast security and can't log into the portal i am about to return all of my security equipment they have tried resetting my password and it doesn't work screw xfinity the stupid app doesn't work i am sorry i got it

Problem Solver

Re: can't log into portal

What page are you going to in order to login?  What error are you getting when logging in?

Have you tried logging in to other Comcast/Xfinity pages, even the main one at http://www.comcast.net/ to see if at least that works?

Frequent Visitor

The Xfinity Home Web Portal is a different Username and Password than the one you use to login to view your Cable/Internet information.

Once you click on the Home Security icon it may ask you for your Comcast Username and Password, but then once you enter in the information it will take you to the portal page. If it is your first time logging in, a temp Username and Password will be sent to your Comcast email account that is associated with your Home Security.

Once you enter in the temp Username and Password into the Portal, you can change it. Again, your Comcast ID and Password are different than the one used for the Home Security Portal.

New Poster

I, too, have the security system, and I've been calling and trying to get it to work for the last two months since I got it. I get assigned a new password which never works, and no one seems to be able to get it to work. 

I'm very frustrated. It's not the only thing that I can't get to work. I also am supposed to be able to access my account through my cell phone. Maybe once I get them to correct the internet issue, I'll get them to work on my cell phone.

New Poster

I keep seeing a message that says "Please find out your temporary user name and password from the email sent from home security system."  but I havn't received any email from my home security system.

Also, when I try to grant access to another user on my account, I click on "Edit Preferences" and there is no option to access the home security.  There are settings for granting access to pay my bill and check my voicemail, but nothing for home security.

I only received my camera and hub a few days ago but I'm already thinking this was a bad idea.

New Poster

Too many layers of passwords that don't work.  What a mess, does Comcast really think this is workable?  Still waiting to actually monitor my security system.

Frequent Visitor

i can not get in too

Official Employee

Hi,

Only one user, primary or secondary, can be the Xfinity Home account user. At this time you cannot grant another user access after a first user has been chosen.

I would like to help all of you access your accounts and am working to resolve each individual issue. 

Thanks,

Shannon

New Poster

I'm having the same problem. Following the instructions that came with my self install kit, I have connected the hub to my router, then I navigate to xfinity.com/xhportal. Going there I get a prompt to sign in with my Comcast username and password. Doing that produces the message, "Your account has been suspended. Please contact your service provider to resolve the situation. "

I called customer service and spoke to no less than eight individuals, all wanting to help, but none able to. After a hangup and callback, I finally found someone who actually seemed to understand my issue, but she also failed to rectify the situation. She said that someone would call me within 3 days, but that was 4 days ago and so far no call.

What do I have to do, or whom do I have to contact to get this working?

New Poster

OK I've just spoken to my 11th Comcast service person, who also did not know how to help me. His suggestion was to call billing, since he does not see Xfinity Home on my account, even though I do see the discount they offered me.

Surely SOMEONE at Comcast knows how to reset my Xfinity Home portal account. Do I have to call all of Comcast to find that one person?

New Poster

Well I guess it is time to post my long miserable story on my blog again, and link to it from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. Why do we have to resort to such tactics to get Comcast to respond to problems Comcast has created?

New Poster

Shannon

I am having this same problem and no one at comcast seems to understand this issue.  i have been told they are updating the system as well as a few other lies just to get me off the phone.

New Poster

Got mine working! Here's how to find the person who can actually help:

First go to the xfinity home web site at http://www.comcast.com/home-security.

Do not attempt to log in.

Choose Support from the top menu.

On the next screen scroll down to the bottom and choose Contact Us.

On the next screen scroll down and choose Chat with an Agent. This starts a real time chat with a person who is sitting at the Xfinity Home service center. They will ask for the MAC ID off your hub and some other details, so you'll want that stuff within reach.

That's it! Worked for me anyway. Good luck.

Contributor

Extremely irritating. Have also been having issues logging into the Xfinity Home web portal with secondary account. When I attempt to login, I get an error message saying:

Warning: Please find out your temporary user name and password from the email sent from home security.

There was never any "temporary" user name and password sent to either my account (the master account) or the secondary email account.

Following a suggestion above, I skipped calling telephone support and went with chat support instead. After 3 1/2 hours (!!!) of waiting for a chat rep to connect, I closed the chat window and was forced to call in instead.

Surprisingly, I got a telephone rep on the line in 15 minutes, but after explaining the issue to him and successfully duplicating the issue himself, he said he would have to call me back in 10-15 minutes as he needed to get further help.

It's been 2 hours now and no call back. I don't expect the Comcast rep to call me back either.

Really fed up with Xfinity Home and going with a more traditional security service...

Contributor

@Keith, yes indeed. It's aggrivating that the Comcast reps have no idea about how to support this service. Ran into the same exact thing. The Comcast rep couldn't figure it out and said he would "Call me back."

Well, that never happened, but didn't expect it either. I just think he was trying to get me off the phone..

New Poster

I have made several calls on the matter of accessing my home securing via internet and/or mobile phone and to date, the issue has not been resolved.  I have submitted tickets on this same issue and no return calls.  Please advise if the home security does not work on internet and/or cell phones as advertised.  I ordered the home security to have access to my home security remotely.