Community Forum

Rules on the online home security portal

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Rules on the online home security portal

The web portal allows me to login without any issues and most everything works well. The issue I'm having is with the rules. Once I'm logged in, I can view the rules that I have previously created, however, I am unable to edit, delete or add new rules. Instead i get an error message stating " No response from the server." Also, all of the rules that I currently have do not actually work. This has been an issue for over a month now. I had opened up a ticket and supposedly the engineers were looking into it then they "fixed" it, so they closed the ticket. This is the part that really irritates me. The issue wasn't actually resolved! The rules still don't actually work and I am unable to edit, add or delete rules on the portal. I guess the engineers couldn't solve the issue so they just closed it out??? I've since called back and requested that another ticket be opened so the problem would actually be corrected. I was told someone would be calling me shortly. That was almost a week ago. Without the rules the securityis a pretty barebones system. The monthly fees don't reflect that and I've paid over a month of fess during which the system has not worked correctly. I want the issues fixed immediately.
Contributor

Re: Rules on the online home security portal

I've had the same problem since day 1.  I have rules set up to alert me to various conditions and the only ones that work are when there's a power outage, I accidentally set the alarm off, or if I have "Armed Stay" on, it will tell me if there's motion in the hallway.  That's it -- nothing else works AT ALL.

Official Employee

We are actively investigating this issue.

Official Employee

CCinVA wrote:

I've had the same problem since day 1.  I have rules set up to alert me to various conditions and the only ones that work are when there's a power outage, I accidentally set the alarm off, or if I have "Armed Stay" on, it will tell me if there's motion in the hallway.  That's it -- nothing else works AT ALL.

This issue should now be resolved for you. Please let us know if you are still having issues.

Thanks,

Joe