Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Randomn beeping / zone off

New Poster

Randomn beeping / zone off

Hi I hear randomn beeping as if a door is opening throughout the day even if the doors are all closed. What could it be?

Why does my alarm say zone off for all my doors and motion sensor even though the alarm is on?

Official Employee

Re: Randomn beeping / zone off

KeoJj, it sounds like something may be tripping the sensors. Have you taken a look at the sensors in your home to make sure nothing is blocking them?

If your home is armed and you have a zone that is off, that means you have attempted to bypass a sensor. When bypassed, the sensor won't trigger an alarm and no rules you have set up for the sensor will run. 

New Poster

Check the history log....mine did that and we finally realized that the batteries in the door sensors were going bad and needed to be replaced.  I also changed that alert tone to be something different from the door open/close tone so I would not be fooled again.

HTH

Rome1

edited to correct spelling

Official Employee

He KeoJj,

Can you check the notifications on your touch screen to see if you have notifications of low sensor batteries? If so, I can schedule a tech to come out and get them replaced for you.