Xfinity Forum Archive...
This is an archived section of the community.
Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.
This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.
Post your questions in the Xfinity Community
Hello Comcast - I hope you are listening. I have tried to speak to upper level administration to discuss my issues. I was assured by the retention department that someone would contact with in 3-5 days. That was 21 days ago. I called back today and was told another 7-10 days to hear from someone who will even listen to my concerns. I have had a history of problems with Xfinity Home, many of which I see a lot of others have had as well. I'm fed up, and ready to install a security system that actually works... I would love to give Comcast the opportunity to admit that this system simply doesn't live up to their expectations and I fear for the safety and security of my family.
1. Install was sloppy and salesperson outright lied about compatibility of the smart phone app. My Android phone could not download the app from Google play. It was not available, so I purchased an Iphone out of contract at full price simply to control my security system. The app works 60% of the time. It times out on most attempts.
2. I've been through 3 touch panels. (Freezing, DOA, no data)
3. My cameras are on the same frequency as my garage door. Once a week I have to cycle power in my camera for my garage door remotes to work.
4. Constantly losing connection with router and cameras.
5. Have had two alarms that lasted over 5 mins before disarmed and no response from monitoring company even though text indicated they were notified.
6. Lamp modules have died.
7. Sensors falling off doors causing alarms.
8. Motion detectors work 60%. Have walked in to the room many times and motion detector doesn't pick us up.
9. Have to reset security router consistently to gain access to touchscreen data options.
10. Additional keypad unresponsive.
11. During testing, monitoring company was provided correct passphrase and police showed up (45 min later) they said the wrong password was given. Also they indicated they were dispatched to an address three blocks away by the monitoring company.
12. At one point while trying to troubleshoot the non-responsive touch screen, I was transferred to an internet tech who had never heard of "Xfinity Home".
13. We've had 4 tech visits, 10 online chat services, several phone calls, and many reboots and restarts. Check my file since my install in September.
I have had Comcast for many years for TV, Phone, Internet. I don't understand the lack of connection between the customer and Comcast. I'd like to be released from my contract, and I feel I have every justification to do so. I bought this security system for the peace of mind and the bundle with my other Xfinity services.. I'm sorry Comcast, but this time you have failed me big time, and I'm ready for this system to be removed and let’s pretend this nightmare never happened. So please have someone call me to discuss this "contract". I have pictures, video, and chat transcripts to back up the information above.
Hi blantona - I'm sorry to read about all your problems here. I'd like to focus on current issues with your service and get each addressed. I will follow up in PM and ensure you get direct support.