Community Forum

Please Do **NOT** Remove Thermostat Rules with new web version!!!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Please Do **NOT** Remove Thermostat Rules with new web version!!!

To Xfinity Home:

The new web version of Xfinity Home has a SERIOUS FLAW that has been intentionally programmed into the system: the blocking of editing and suggested deletion of any thermostat rules (automation) based upon events.  PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS.

Why?  Why take that power away from us?  Our schedule is completely irregular, and so our thermostat is SMART and automatically adjusts our temperature settings depedning upon when we come in or go out.  A set weekly thermostat schedule cannot reflect this sort of dynamic interaction... but your new web interface has blocked the creation or edit of any such rules, and asks that all existing rules that could conflict with a thermostat schedule (which we have turned off) be deleted.  NO!!

The new web interface takes a smart thermostat, capable of responding to other events or non-events, and makes it into a dumb schedule-only device.  Why would you do that to us?

I'll be glad to respond to questions or to say more... I hope that I have been clear with my concern.

New Poster

Re: Please Do **NOT** Remove Thermostat Rules with new web version!!!

My house is in Florida where I spend the winter season. Other seasons, the house is rented on a weekly basis by a local agency.

Tenants like to leave a large sliding doors leading to the pool open all day!

The air conditioning is desperately trying to keep the house cool, creating breakdown and excessive costs!

Last year, in the old portal, I programmed rules to shut down the air conditioning when the door is opened and restore the air conditioning when the door is closed. This was working perfectly since the thermostat has a small reaction delay that prevent too many on and off setting.

But now this functionality is removed from the old portal and does not exist in the new portal!!

Please, please restore this thermostat functionality!!!

Thank!

It is important to me!