Community Forum

Night-Vision infrared Not Working xCam

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Night-Vision infrared Not Working xCam

I've been having issues the last few nights with my night-vision infrared not working. I do have solid blue lights that indicate my xCam is working in night vision but the picture displayed is pitch dark & unrecognizible. I have tried rebooting the xCam via my mobile device and that did work a few times for me but now when I tried, it yielded the same dark results. I have also tried to reboot by unplugging the camera at the power source and unfortunately, still no night-vision infrared.

Any help much appreciated.

model: xCam

software: 3.0.02.54

Official Employee

Re: Night-Vision infrared Not Working xCam

Karen_60, have you tried rebotting your modem or resetting the cameras?

New Poster

My camera  nightvision quit working a year ago. I've rebooted, reset, got a new modem, moved camera, adjusted camera, etc.  I've talked with techs who have fiddled with it and reset it from there end.  I'm just assuming the nightvision is dead.  I asked to exchange it but they gave me rigamarole about availabilty in my local comcast store.  It actually did work at one time. 

Anybody got any other suggestions?

Silver Problem Solver

I have found the Xfinity Home Support people to be very helpful 1-877-298-0874

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.