Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

LOUD door chimes when setting alarm

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

LOUD door chimes when setting alarm

Is there any way to turn down the door chimes when setting alarm and leaving??? They chime for thirty seconds when I leave and are so loud that they freak out my dog.

Expert

Re: LOUD door chimes when setting alarm

lori530 wrote:

Is there any way to turn down the door chimes when setting alarm and leaving??? They chime for thirty seconds when I leave and are so loud that they freak out my dog.

Does this help?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/home-security/change-sound-settings-for-touchscreen/

New Poster

Mine was extremely loud after an update yesterday. Then another update came thru this morning and I can barely hear any feedback when I open and close a door. I'm chatting with support now.
New Poster

My door sensor chimes became  very loud yesterday. Today 9/1/17 I can hardly hear the chimes. Security pad volume set to seven, all audio sensors activated. Let me know what Support has to say.

Thanks.

New Poster

They are sending tech support to my house to look at the device. I tried to tell the customer support this sounds like a known issue based on comments in the forum, but she seemed to have no clue what I was talking about, they insisted the updates that were pushed thru yesterday and this morning would have no impact on volume.
New Poster

Ha... Interesting as I beg to differ with whoever you spoke to.  For years the timer chimes were the same noise level... fairly loud. Then after the update a few days ago, they were intolorably loud! I was able to go into settings and bring the loudness down a little, but not low enough as I would like. Good Luck!

Loei

New Poster

I went into settings on my tablet. it would allow me to take the volumn from 7-1 on the tablet, but only down to 4 one the chimes. However it is much more tolorable than it was a few days ago!