Community Forum

How to remove device from Home Secure Panel

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

How to remove device from Home Secure Panel

I have a door sensor I would like to remove from my devices .... how do I do that without always having to bypass it.  I want it totally removed from my system... Any help would be appreciated.

Regular Contributor

Re: How to remove device from Home Secure Panel

If you would remove a device from a door (likely external door), why have a home security system? 

Official Employee

bearbean wrote:

I have a door sensor I would like to remove from my devices .... how do I do that without always having to bypass it.  I want it totally removed from my system... Any help would be appreciated.

Your XFINITY Home package requires a technician to remove and add sensors via your touchscreen. If you’d like for me to schedule an appointment at your next convenience, please send me a private message.

I’m happy to assist.

New Poster

What a rip off!

same thing happened to me, contractor replaced our window and somehow busten the smaller part of the window sensor.  

Called Comcast,  they're asking $50 for a new sensor plus an additional $50 for someone to double sided tape it back to the new window.

I don't mind the $50 for the sensor, but the cost to stick something to the window?  absolute bull****.