Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Hardwiring iCamera2 for outside

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Hardwiring iCamera2 for outside

I want to connect my 3 cameras via cat5 direct, not using wifi. Everytime we use the microwave the cameras cut off, along with other delays at times. I have tried to contact support and nobody there knows how to do it. The cameras were already paired for wireless, I have since deleted and tried just one. I get a Comm Failure unless I disconnect it from the router (port4). 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as in my area, I get a non-comcast subcontractor and often times know less than I do.

Official Employee

Re: Hardwiring iCamera2 for outside

Hello, dhart72 - For this setup, I strongly recommend to set up a tech visit and I see you already scheduled one. I will follow up with you on Monday to see if issue got resolved. 

Official Employee

@dhart72 - How was the tech visit? 

Regular Visitor

Not good, very frustrating. The tech that came out knew nothing about home security and stated as such after showing up about 45 minutes after the 3-5pm window. I explained everything that I was trying to accomplish and he had no idea on how to do anything with the system. He questioned why he was sent out and I stated to him that I contacted tech support for home security and they are the ones who couldnt reslove my issue on the phone and set the appointment. I assumed that they would send a home security tech out. At that point he asked if I wanted to reschedule another appointment, in which I said not to because it would be a waste of time again to sit around waiting for the wrong person to come out. Unfortunately, I understand the system better than most that I have spoken to on this subject. I was hoping for some direction that I can resolve on my own. Considering the amount of money that I have spent to have Xfinity in my house, I would expect better service than I receive here. Thanks for your concern, but I am close to getting a new security system.

Official Employee

Hi dhart72,

I'm following up for Ella as she is currently out of the office. Sorry to hear you were not able to get assistance during your last visit. If you'd like me to, I can reschedule the appointment and make sure we send the correct type of tech out this time. Id there are any charges associated with the visit, I will waive them myself. If not, I understand that as well. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.