Community Forum

Edit Home Automation (?????)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Edit Home Automation (?????)

Why is there no longer a method for viewing and editing currently rules.  In my opinion, (for what it is worth) is a huge miss with this redesign and a royal pain.  I don't want to guess what the current rules, nor recreate a rule just because I want to tweek it.

Mike 

Official Employee

Re: Edit Home Automation (?????)

Hi hughamp - 

I understand that the current "Edit Rule" feature is not a true edit & essentially has users re-create the rule.  We understand this is not the same experience as the previous portal. We are rebuilding the edit functionality. 

Thanks, 

Rachel

Regular Contributor

Hey Mike, when you goto the portal look below for a link that says return to the previous portal version. The new one is still being worked on and if you ask me it should never have been added. I don't think they are even working on the new one it's been out for over a year I think.
Think Customer First

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

image.png
Official Employee

We have a team of developers who currently work to support our Subscriber Portal.  We put out releases with updates regularly.

Thanks,

Rachel

New Poster

Comcast, why has this still not been corrected?  This is dark ages sophistication

Regular Contributor

On what part are you talking about? Do not use the new portal to set up rules. And the admins here have no clue what they are talking about, Comcast is not and has not been working on the new portal. It has not seen any upgrades or changes in over a year. Use the old one Smiley Happy
Think Customer First

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon