Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Current issues with Xfinity Home Mobile App & Subscriber Portal.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Current issues with Xfinity Home Mobile App & Subscriber Portal.

Hello.  We are currently experiencing an issue with Xfinity Home that is preventing some customers to be able to connect through the web portal and/or the mobile applications.  We are working hard to restore these services as quickly as possible.  Systems can still be armed and disarmed from the touchscreen in the home but not through the mobile applications or web portals.  Thank you for your patience!

Update: Our engineers are still actively working to resolve the issue affecting the Xfinity Home Mobile App & Portal. Users may see functionality come back intermittently before it is fully restored. - ComcastRachelH

Frequent Visitor

Re: Current issues with Xfinity Home Mobile App & Subscriber Portal.

So far I have been without service for 48 hours and still no service despite all your apologies and promises that service will be restored soon.  I wish we could get Fox News to report this or somehow get the attention of somebody at Comcast who can restore the web portal so your customers can get their remote home automation service.   Who is accountable for this disaster at comcast?  How many more days do you estimate this problem will take to get solved?  Can you recommend another company if comcast cannot get their website portal back online?  Is this breach of contract on the part of comcast?    Yes there definitely were a few times that I had service for a few minutes before it dissapeared.  So I can see that someone at comcast is unsuccessfully trying to fix the problem.  Maybe comcast outsourced too much of your engineering work to China or Nigeria for the cheap labor rates.  Please advise.  

New Poster

How hard is it to let paying customers know there is an issue with their HOME SECURITY SYSTEM?  The app already sucks we all know this and for some reason cameras can detect motion but comcast will not allow us to use that function.  I am about to the final straw with this system when it starts to affect the safety of my home and family

Frequent Visitor

Is there no possible way for Comcast to pro-actively contact it's subscribers about these kind of outages?  I am not at my home where my security system is located right now and rely on monitoring it remotely using the app and portal - something I pay handsomely for.

Now if my home-watch company goes to the house today are they going to have issues arming and disarming my system? 

Please add me to the trouble ticket.

Contributor

Still not working.  2 days now.  Paid alot of money for the equipment and monitoring and it is not working.  Very frustrating. 

Contributor

agreed!!

New Poster

Ridiculous... Time to find a new carrier and contact the BBB because comcast has everyone's email address and should have notified customers of a upgrade and there could be issues so WE could make plans ahead of time instead of being hundreds of miles away and not able to do anything...
New Poster

I had my system installed 3 days ago - it has not worked correctly yet  -  have till today to tell comcast to remove it ---  anyone have any suggestions?

New Poster

Take it out.... I am...
New Poster

Already started installing a new system. Insteon system.
New Poster

Does this include the thermostat having "communication failure" even on the touch screen?

New Poster

Second straight day with no connectivity- doesn't seem to be very dilligent to me.  I've called customer service only to wait on hold- over 50 mintues so far, no answer.  My previous call was placed on hold for 40 minutes and then disconnected.

I have a newborn baby at home and a wife recovering from delivery- extremely unhappy that I don't have access.  

I expect to see a healthy credit on my bill.  Selling a security system that has failed to work for 3 extended periods in the month since I've been installed is not acceptable.

Contributor

I expect some serious credit for this downtime.  This isn't TV, it's HOME SECURITY.  It's 100% unacceptable to have it down for any time, much less this long.

I'm 99% ready to just cancel this thing.  It just doesn't work well enough to be considered a high quality home alarm system.

Guess I'll have to go to Vivint or ADT.

New Poster

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FIX IT!!! ASAP

mackie1604 wrote:

I expect some serious credit for this downtime.  This isn't TV, it's HOME SECURITY.  It's 100% unacceptable to have it down for any time, much less this long.

I'm 99% ready to just cancel this thing.  It just doesn't work well enough to be considered a high quality home alarm system.

Guess I'll have to go to Vivint or ADT.

New Poster

I just did a test with the Central Monitoring Station and they cannot detect that an alarm has been activated!!!

So it looks like we have ZERO protection on our homes!????

New Poster

Great.... I guarantee you I will be cancelling this service in the morning!
Contributor

Sure would be nice to have some kind of update from Comcast.  Are they still working on it???  Did they give up????  Will they take some $$$ off the bill???  Is ComcastRachelH a real person????

Contributor

Best part!!!!!

I just had a tech come out to replace a broken camera.  Can't setup the camera because it will break once the system comes back online.....so they have to reschedule.

What a joke.

Frequent Visitor

Marksin,

Thanks for the heads up. You are right it does not work even if armed at the tablet. If the alarm goes off the central monitoring will not be alerted and the police will not be dispatched.  I cannot believe that Comcast said that the alarm is working if you arm it on the tablet and it is not.  This is a false sense of security. I just called the central monitoring station and they said they have not received any signals from my home in the last couple of days. I did trip off the alarm a couple of times and the central monitoring station said they did not get the signal. I will call Comcast and hope to get through to let them know!

Regular Contributor

I seem today to be able to access my system via the iPhone app.  Is it fixed (finally)?

Official Employee

I apologize for the frustration that this has caused. We’ve been able to restore service. If you’re still experiencing issues, please PM me, but we expect that users will regain functionality. We’re continuing to work the issue and will post an update if we encounter addional service interruptions.

Thanks,

Rachel

Frequent Visitor

Rachel, I still do not have service.  Please advise what I need to do. Thanks

Valued Contributor

Cameras not syncing now.. Alert still doesn't alert me of a disarm via text message