Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Centralite 3420 Night Light Repeater

Frequent Visitor

Centralite 3420 Night Light Repeater

Centralite3420.jpgPurchased this night light repeater and would like to add it into my system.  The controller will locate the device but it will not pair as it comes up as an "Unsupported Device". 

Any way to get this device approved/added by Xfinity?  Can never have to many repeaters on the Zigbee network...

Expert

Re: Centralite 3420 Night Light Repeater

It says unsupported, which I tend to believe.  Call Xhome support and ask them. 1-877-298-0874

Frequent Visitor

1 hour and 21 minutes of being on the phone....netted absolutely nothing.  They tried blowing me off over and over telling me to search for approved devices on the website.  I asked them to assist me to its location which of course they could not.  I would then get transfered to someone else, and then someone else, and then again.  Calling in is a waste of time, so I can only hope this post nets results.

Official Employee

Hi, Fhartski - I don't believe we support this device but I do see you have a tech visit scheduled. If there is any way to add this night light repeater to your system - the field tech will be able to assist. 

Official Employee

@Fhartski - How was the tech visit? 

Frequent Visitor

Tech visit was good. Hope some issues are resolved. He did not look at the night light repeater issue however. I believe this device is not supported but hope that it could be added. Do customers have any influence on what products are supported?The brand is supported by Xfinity and the product would be a nice addition for your customers, me included. Anyone with a medium-sized or larger home require repeaters to stabilize the zigbee network. So this device is a battery backed up night light with adjustable light color and a repeater. I hope Xfinity will choose to update the software and allow this device.
Official Employee

@Fhartski - Thank you for letting me know. Yes, you can leave a feedback about XH products here: http://bit.ly/2gVoN91. We have a special team who monitors all customers' feedback and requests.