Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

CANT HEAR TOUCHSCREEN NOISES

New Poster

CANT HEAR TOUCHSCREEN NOISES

I love my security system, it's easy to use and customizable to my liking, however there is a MAJOR flaw:

NO ONE IN MY HOUSE CAN HEAR THE ALARM WHEN WE'RE IN OUR ROOMS.

We don't have a large house, at all.  My room is directly above the touch screen and I still can barely hear when it makes noise.  I know other people have complained of this, but it's a HUGE issue and it needs to be solved.  What's the point of having a security system if I can't hear when it goes off??  My roommate has accidentally set it off before while I was sleeping and I didn't wake up from it.  There needs to be some sort of speaker that can be hooked up to it that can amplify the sound and be placed in another room.  I don't know how people who have an average sized house use this system effectively because I'm in a small house and I can't hear anything.

If anyone knows of any tricks I can use, please let me know!  The customer service rep told me about the alarm range thing but it's not solving all of the issues I have.  The volume is all the way up in both places.

Official Employee

Re: CANT HEAR TOUCHSCREEN NOISES

There are a couple of things that might be helpful to you.

The Siren Repeater that the customer service rep told you about is the solution you'd need to be able to hear the alarm better in another room. More detail in this post: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Devices-and-Equipment/Centralite-IRIS-Smart-Plug/m-p/2906300

For the other chimes the Touchscreen makes, you can't replicate all of the customizable sounds in other rooms, but you can install one or more of the newer style keypads in other rooms of the home - they can be set to beep every time a door or window opens or closes. More info on that here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/home-security/wireless-keypad-faqs/#chime-off

Official Employee

1407problems, test1234x makes some great points: 

There are a couple of things that might be helpful to you.

The Siren Repeater that the customer service rep told you about is the solution you'd need to be able to hear the alarm better in another room. More detail in this post: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Devices-and-Equipment/Centralite-IRIS-Smart-Plug/m-p/2906300

For the other chimes the Touchscreen makes, you can't replicate all of the customizable sounds in other rooms, but you can install one or more of the newer style keypads in other rooms of the home - they can be set to beep every time a door or window opens or closes. More info on that here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/home-security/wireless-keypad-faqs/#chime-off

Were you able to try any of these? If so and you haven't seen any improvement, please send me a private message with your account address and your full name for additional help. 

New Poster

Xfinity recently switched my old touchscreen that had perfect volume level for trouble alerts. For example, alarm is tripped and the touch screen beeps for 60 seconds before actual siren sounds. This allowed me to have touch screen on main floor and it would wake me up if a motion was tripped by a cat and allow me time to disarm it before siren sounded. It was also peace of mind knowing that if someone entered my home the loud beeping (prior) to siren would wake me up. Or if my 5 year old went downstairs during the night looking for me and accidentally tripped a motion sensor, the touch screen would wake me up. Now however, with the new touchscreen (no physical buttons and housed in a white frame) the trouble volume can only go to 7 and is very quiet. Are you saying i can get multiple touch screens? One for main floor and one in my bedroom? Can I get the old touchscreen back??
Regular Visitor

About 2-3 weeks ago my touchscreen volume stopped completely. Went in and adjusted the settings to 7 (loudest) and now all I hear when doors/windows open is a faint sound. I am now worried that if the alarm were to be tripped at night by one of the kids we wouldn't hear it go off to disarm it. The purpose of an alarm system is to hear it if it goes off. Currently the touchscreen is serving as a paperweight since we can't hear it. Any idea when this bug will be addressed?