Community Forum

how are badges "earned"

Welcome to our Comcast Help & Support Forums

FAQ

Frequent Visitor

how are badges "earned"

I was recently notified I had "earned" my "1st reply badge", but I haven't posted in a long time. How'd that happen? Does this have anything to do with "kudos?" I have none.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: how are badges "earned"

No one knows.  I think they make it up as they go along.  Last week, I suddenly got a couple dozen "badges" I can't identify. 

Frequent Visitor

Someone has to know; but thanks for your response!

Problem Solver

Congratulations on all 28 of your Badges, WTP!!  

The labels are all so innovative.  How did we ever function without these?

Just can't seem to imagine the man hours utilized to create and implement them.. 

ciao, bjBadges WTP.PNG

Administrator

Hey All,

I am happy to clear up some of the confusion about badges. Badges are a way for Comcast and the Help & Support community to recognize you all and the actions you are taking within the forum. These actions can include replying to another users post, receiving kudos from your peers, having your responses accepted as a solution to a users question, and posting topics. If you want to know more about a specific badge got to your or another users profile, under their user name you will see some of their badges, click the > next to the badges and you will see a full screen of that user's badges. Hovering over a badge will give you more information about what that specific badge means or how it was earned.

Now, we have had badges for a while, however, thanks to our new in-house developer we were able to redesign them and really make them pop. I am glad to see that they are being well received.

We are always thinking up even more badges and ways to thank you all for your help and time spent with us in the community and different actions you may take. As with anything we do we want to open the door to some feedback or suggestions of badges or other things you would like to see or just your general thoughts and opinions. Thanks again for all the time and work that you all have spent in the forums and congrats on earning those badges!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Bronze Problem Solver

First we've heard, thanks.  Any way to turn them off in the making? 

Expert

Does anyone here know what the green bars signify? I seem to have lost one since yesterday.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Bronze Problem Solver

Not really.  It was introduced and sorely denounced in no uncertain terms five or six years ago.  Supposedly some sort of scoring icon, but no Comcast person has ever said what it's supposed to mean or what makes it go up and down.  I've been ignoring it since it came out, since it obviously has no meaning.