Community Forum

On Demand CL-17 error

Welcome to our Comcast Help & Support Forums

FAQ

Contributor

On Demand CL-17 error

DOES ANYONE AT COMCAST MONITOR THIS FORUM?

I have posted 3 messages here, trying to find a solution to the errors shown on my On Demand screen and, after several days, gotten no response.  The website says, if their instructions don't work, to post here.  Why bother?  I've noticed other customers with similar problems have posted recently and also gotten no response. 

Earlier, I was informed that the issue would be escalated.  I'm beginning to wonder if Comcast even knows what the word "escalate" means.  Today, day 8, I broke down and called cust. service again.  I got a recording saying, "There's an outage in your area.  An agent won't be able to help you."  Uggghh!  I then requested a callback online and got to speak to my 5th phone rep.  He said the errors are most likely caused by a server/programming problem and require a tech. visit.  Why could no one tell me that before??

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: DOES ANYONE AT COMCAST MONITOR THIS FORUM?

@baz123 wrote:

I have posted 3 messages here, trying to find a solution to the errors shown on my On Demand screen and, after several days, gotten no response.  The website says, if their instructions don't work, to post here.  Why bother?  I've noticed other customers with similar problems have posted recently and also gotten no response. 

Earlier, I was informed that the issue would be escalated.  I'm beginning to wonder if Comcast even knows what the word "escalate" means.  Today, day 8, I broke down and called cust. service again.  I got a recording saying, "There's an outage in your area.  An agent won't be able to help you."  Uggghh!  I then requested a callback online and got to speak to my 5th phone rep.  He said the errors are most likely caused by a server/programming problem and require a tech. visit.  Why could no one tell me that before??

@baz123 

Thank you for posting your concerns and we sincerely apologize for your on-going OnDemand issues. 

I can tell you that the Xfinity Forum was designed to be a primarily peer-to-peer based support tool. This means that the majority of the responses and answers to questions are authored by customers just like you. If you are ever in need of immediate assistance, we always welcome you to contact Comcast directly via one of the methods outlined here:  https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account/ANSWERED-How-to-contact-Comcast/ta-p/3053370

Since you are experiencing ongoing issues with your OnDemand services I have requested our care team to reach out to you directly. You will notice their response on thread shortly. Thank you for your patience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, baz123!

I definitely understand how frustrating these On-Demand errors are when you just want to relax and watch your favorite shows/movies. I'd like to make sure we get this issue resolved as quickly as possible!

I'm glad to see you've already gotten some answers through our other representatives about your service interruption status and gotten a tech visit scheduled. I will be keeping an eye on the status of your tech visit and I look forward to your update afterwords. Hopefully, they will be able to find a resolution for you while they are on-site. However, if you are still having troubles after the visit, I would love to take a closer look to help pinpoint any ongoing issues quickly. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Hi,

Can you tell me what error code CL-17 means?  The phone rep. didn't know and I can't find it 

anywhere. 

Expert

@baz123 wrote:

Hi,

Can you tell me what error code CL-17 means?  The phone rep. didn't know and I can't find it 

anywhere. 

You can find some information on this error code in this post and here

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@baz123 wrote:

In short,  CL-17 indicates that there is no interactive connectivity to our XFINITY On Demand system and your cable box cannot communicate back to the network to obtain On Demand playback or programs, movies and shows.  

Typically this requires a technician visit to check any wiring inside and outside your home. 

Contributor

@ComcastJessie wrote:

@baz123 wrote:

@baz123 

Thank you for posting your concerns and we sincerely apologize for your on-going OnDemand issues. 

I can tell you that the Xfinity Forum was designed to be a primarily peer-to-peer based support tool. This means that the majority of the responses and answers to questions are authored by customers just like you. If you are ever in need of immediate assistance, we always welcome you to contact Comcast directly via one of the methods outlined here:  https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account/ANSWERED-How-to-contact-Comcast/ta-p/3053370

Since you are experiencing ongoing issues with your OnDemand services I have requested our care team to reach out to you directly. You will notice their response on thread shortly. Thank you for your patience. 

I realize this is a peer to peer forum, but I had run out of options.  If the Comcast phone reps (employees) don't know what the error codes mean, how can you expect the average customer to know?  Poor training!

My On Demand service is still saying, "We're sorry. blah, blah, blah", but it's the holiday season, and I just haven't had time to deal with a technician visit.  The bigger problem is WHY these things keep happening in the first place.  I'm sick of calling customer service all the time and trying to fix this troublesome system.

Administrator

@baz123 

We sincerely apologize for the ongoing issue you have experience. It does look like the last time you reached out you had a technician that was scheduled to come out to investigate this further. Were they able to make it out and get the OnDemand error resolved for you? If the issue continues to happen, we are happy to get another tech scheduled for you, as the specific issue you are experiencing is due to a signal issue within your home. 

Feel free to share your technician experience here and let us know if you require additional assistance. 

New Poster

Hoping comcastjessie can help me too. 

Administrator

@dremd911 

You will notice that I have responded to your private message. 

Please be aware that sending unsolicited private messages to myself, another Official Employee, or any other forum user does violate our Xfinity Forum Guidelines (found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Guidelines/td-p/3115028) and our Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use Policy (found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Acceptable-Use-Policy/td-p/2618379). We ask that you review those documents thoroughly as continued violations could result in a revocation of your Xfinity Forum posting privileges.

Contributor

My On Demand service actually came back on by itself the other day.  How did that happen?  It seems I DID NOT need a technician visit after all, nor did I need a new converter box.  I'm not sure anyone at this company knows what they're doing.

Strange that I noticed it soon after I made that call to customer service asking how much I would have to pay to terminate my service agreement.