Community Forum

won't let me delete emails

Frequent Visitor

WEBMAIL

HELLO? Is there a true webmail expert and where ARE you? My webmail folders do not seem to be working with the program. Can't delete stuff from spam and trash, and sometimes inbox. This is the message I get. Notice it tells me that I should empty my trash. I'd do that if it works but it does not. Somebody fix that server! From Portland, OR.

error 3-9-17.jpg
New Poster

EMPTY TRASH FOLDER

Never had this issue before.

Not letting me delete emails in the trash

New Poster

Re: cannot delete emails

I am having the same issue.

New Poster

Re: Trash won't empty Emails will not delete

Same exact problem. Very frustrating.

New Poster

As of 3/10/17 This issue is NOT resolved! Come on ComcastZach get them to ACTUALLY fix this!

Regular Visitor

I am also having this issue.

New Poster

Just wanted to add my name to the growing list. This is horse hockey. Keep getting this message:

This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.
In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first.

New Poster

FWIW - I am complaing on the Comcast Facebook page. Cannot get help from Live Chat - have been waiting for 45 minutes.

New Poster

Can't delete e-mail

When I try to delete an e-mail, I'm told I can't because "possibly your mailbox is full".  It is suggested that I empty my trash folder, but it is empty.

New Poster

Re: Can't delete e-mail

Add me to this list, very frustrating, Happy Easter....

New Poster

Having the same problem, just started today.

Frequent Visitor

full delete folder message

Comcast won't let me delete email a message says the deleted folder is full, it has 45 short emails showing. What can I do? Settings doesn't seem to address this.

New Poster

cannot delete emails

Cannot delete emails.

New Poster

unable to deleate email

My Trash is empty. I want to deleate several emails.  Xfinity won't allow - says Trash is full or messge(s) too large. 

Regular Visitor

I am unable to delete mail form the xfinity mail trash not even one at a time!

When I select all it does not delete the messages but puts a line through then acts like it is going to delete then there they are again.  I tried to delete one at a time and no luck there either ??

Regular Visitor

Re: unable to deleate email

I have the same problem....where do we find the answer??

Regular Visitor

Re: EMPTY TRASH FOLDER

Did anyone get an answer??

Regular Contributor

Re: EMPTY TRASH FOLDER

Nobody from Comcast answers here except an expert name Latoque (please forgive my spelling) and Comcast Zack. Corporate does not care.

New Poster

why cant I delete my emails.

why cant I delete my emails. I get the message that my trash is full but the trash folder is empty. ???????

Regular Visitor

I am having this issue still on my macbook pro, but not on my iphone

Expert

The "fix" being given out by Comcast is to delete the emails using the Xfinity Connect mobile app.  So you might want to give that a try.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Re: I am unable to delete mail form the xfinity mail trash not even one at a time!

I started having the same problem today. I tried Edge, Chrome and Firefox to no avail. Also today was the 1st time in a long time Firefox actually let me get to my mail instead of giving me an error message.

Regular Visitor

Re: New Mailbox

I have the same problem.

Official Employee

Hello all,

If you are having issues with deleting emails on XFINITY website, please try to delete emails by using XFINITY Connect app on your smartphone/tablet. This is currently the best solution for this issue.

If you are having issues deleting emails on the app as well - please let me know and I will address these issues case by case. 

Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

My inbox is currently at 59% of 10GB.  I cannot receive email and the bounce back states my inbox is full.  My trash is empty, but the deleted email is still on the Comcast server.  I have the old version of Xfinity mail that does not offer the option to permanently remove deleted mail.  How do I permanently remove my deleted email from the Comcast server?  

Frequent Visitor

I had the same issue. I could not delete using xfinity connect in my mailbox or trash folder using the edit command or the wastebasket symbol. I could select emails, but the delete option would not work. My trash bin showed 120 emails. I found I could delete them by swiping to the left on each email in the list of emails and pressing the red delete button. Once I got rid of the 120 emails I found I had 70 more. So you may have more trash emails than you think. Once I emptied my trash, everything worked fine again. My issue occurred using an iPad. Hope this can help someone. It's a shame Comcast doesn't really care if these issues get fixed or not.

Regular Visitor

same problem and just started today. Cannot delete emails and get this message:   

Error

We're sorry. It looks like something went wrong. Please try again in a moment.
New Poster

Afterover 2 months of being aware of this issue your solution is to go to another device to delete emails? Not an effecient solution. Service by comcast is not good

New Poster

riht clck. move emails to trash. right click, empty trash.