Community Forum

won't let me delete emails

Expert
New Poster

Re: cannot delete emails

No, not resolved. Please help

New Poster

This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.

I have emails that cannot be removed. It says my trash folder is nearly full, but it isn't.

New Poster

Email

I have three email messages that I would like to either move to a folder or delete.  However, I keep getting this error message.

Error

This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.
In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first.

I am at a loss and would like to do something.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Email

Go to your Trash Folder and start deleting the email.

There is usually a way to select all and Delete en masse.

Do the same with the Spam Folder.

Regular Contributor

Re: This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.

I'm getting this from time to time. I am at 1%, which can't be right, I don't keep anything that is large in size.

I am fed up with this "new" webmail. It blows. It hangs constantly, throws errors galore (Oops, something went wrong, 503, server unreachable, copy of message can't be put in sent folder and so on). Folders won't open or are very slow to load. The Xfinity iPhone app is buggy too. I have people telling me I am sending e-mails with no body. I need this working. Many others use this as their primary way of doing business. Nobody is really responding anymore in any forum. Please do something.

New Poster

cannot empty my trash folder win 10 new format

cannot empty my trash folder win 10 new format

New Poster

Trouble Deleting Trash; Says Full: Not Really Full: Oops Messages after trying to delete: can't send

The trash won't delete; Says Full: Not Really Full- only 66 emails are in Trash.

Oops Messages after trying to delete: can't send email any longer.  

I attached my screen caps of the error messages I am receiving.

Chrome  Version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit)

Mac OX El Capitan  ver. 11.6

This all happend after the force upgrade to the new mail format. :-(

Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 8.28.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 8.28.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 8.31.54 AM.png
Regular Visitor

Cannot delete inbox

Unable to delete messages from my inbox and getting an error message

please help!

Contributor

Slow loading email account

This new Comast email is awful.  I log on and getting into my email account is the slowest loading web page I've experienced in the last two weeks since the switchover.

Searching for words in the Subject Line doesn't work.

Opening folders is slow. I opened an email this morning and without asking got a pop-up: "Error
In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first." My trash folder was empty!

I'm getting emails with no text, no graphics, blank.

I tried going into chat with a rep yesterday, three times, and never could get in. The icon just kept spinning. 

Expert
Moved:

Re: Cannot delete inbox

Contributor

Re: Trouble Deleting Trash; Says Full: Not Really Full: Oops Messages after trying to delete: can't

I'm having the same issue.

New Poster

problem with trash folder

what has happened to my email trash?  Suddenly I get an ERROR msg that says the folder is full when it is in fact EMPTY?

New Poster

I am still having problems deleting emails.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Slow loading email account

I'm having the same problems.  Comcast said they are award of our problems but that was said weeks ago. No solutions or updates have been initated and its pretty bad when the emails that I need I cannot retrieve.  15 Feb 2017.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Slow loading email account

I tried several times trying to get into chat, if they paid me $60 per hour for waiting, I would make a fortune!

New Poster

deleteing e-mail

Can't delete some e-mails as a sign come up error and said to empty trash and I don't have any trash

Frequent Visitor

I am still having this issue. The emails from 01/10/2017 will not delete. I have spoken 2 times to support and no one ever gets back to me!!!!

New Poster

Email Deletion Problem

I have 4 emails from January 2017 that will not delete.  The error message I get is that my mailbox is full, but it is not.  New emails will delete, just not these 4.  I know other people are having this issue ... is Comcast ever going to fix whatever is wrong?

New Poster

Re: won't let me delete emails

Same exact issue.....hope they resolve soon!!!!

New Poster

Inbox/Trash Folders

I have emptied my trash folder but everytime I try to delete emails, I get an error message that the Trash folder is full and everything gets moved by to my Inbox!  I is a vicious circle and now my Inbox is accumulating all of these messages I do not want to see!

Can anyone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

E-mails won't delete

I am now having trobule delering e-mails from my inbox. I get one of the following:

- Message(s) [702874, 702883, 702885, 702891, 702892, 702896, 702897, 702918] in folder Trash could not be deleted due to error "A protocol exception occurred during execution of IMAP request "EXPUNGE".
Error message: A6 NO [SERVERBUG] Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. [2017-03-06 15:19:53] (0.000 + 0.000 + 4.618 secs). (folder="Trash", store="imap://djackino%40comcast.net*oxuser%40comcast.net@imap.email.comcast.net:993")"

- This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.
In that case, please try to empty your deleted items first, or delete smaller messages first.

I am at 1% (which is even a stretch given how little I keep). Reloading the webmail does not help, the app is also misbehaving but not throwing any messages.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Still having trouble deleting as of MARCH 6. Please get this problem fixed. I also hate the new format. Unnecessary steps to take and the old format was good. 

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Email Trash Folder

I'm no longer able to delete emails from my inbox. "Pop-up" states it may be because the folder is full (I assume it means the trash folder). Anyway can someone advise how to adjust the trash deletion schedule. I remember int the past there was an option someplace where one could set how long emails would be kept in trash folder before permanent deletion. I no longer can find the link to do this.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Same issues here... Awful switch, awful performance. Errors everywhere. Can't delete, can't clean... wish i could throw this system out the window and keep using the old one.

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

In some instances, Deleting from Deleted Items doesn't produce error, but messages don't disappear, they just all become crossed through... what a messy system they have these days.

Regular Visitor

Re: E-mails won't delete

Also having this same problem as of this morning.  Unable to delete emails via the Xfinity Mail website or via IMAP on my PC.

Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity Email Trash Folder

I have the same problem.  I wanted to empty the Trash folder but I can't get there because of a error.  When will the error be fixed?  Cat Sad

New Poster

Having the same issue but also getting server errors.  Looks like the server is down AGAIN!  Wonder how long it will be this time?

Regular Contributor

I am getting the crosses thru the "deleted" e-mails in trash too, like they are in limbo.

Good luck getting a service credit. First level billing rep says no. Escalating (on hold for 10 minutes+). Nope says the supervisor. It is considered a bonus on top of your internet service. Your opinion may vary. 4 times in the last month since the webmail "upgrade" is enough. The app also needs a lot of work as well.

New Poster

Deleting emails

I keep getting an error message when I try to delete emails saying that the email can not be deleted and that perhaps my trash is full.  I emptied the trash file and sent file, but am still not able to delete emails from my inbox... Been having since the new email started, my opinion only

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue as everyone else. I cannot empty the trash; though it pretends to be empty, a shadow of the supposedly deleted email remains. Then, I keep getting the message "unable to delete because mailbox is full." I have tried emptying my cache, too. No luck. Can someone please do something about this?

New Poster

Having same problem.  Have had in the past and it resolved in a day or two.  I agree this new email "s*cks."  I have experienced everything everyone else has mentioned.  I was told by a comcast rep I could switch back to the old email, but triedand could not.  Unable to access preferences as they said I had to.  It does not exist.  All these users with complaints, but they don't seem to care...

New Poster

It is March 9, 2017, and I just started having the problem. Please let me know what I need to do to correct it.

thanks.

New Poster

doesn't work if you don't have an IMAP account. Any solutions for a POP acoount?

Frequent Visitor

Why is the New Webmail site so much slower than the old version

Not only is the new webmail a lot slower than its predecessor, it is also fairly buggy when I try to transfer the contents of folders to either Not Spam or Trash. It usually works, but these problems really make using my folders a pain in the body part this comment won't accept. Not only that, but it happens sometimes when trying to delete straightforwardly from the Inbox. What happens is I get a red box that says it can't be done. Help.

New Poster

Deleting email

When I try to delete an email it say my trash file is full. When I try to delete the trash is says all emails deleted but it doesn't clear everything out to make room for more emails to be deleted. What should I do?

New Poster

Re: Deleting email

I'm having the same problem with deleting emails.  Says messages are deleted but they show up with a ling through them in trash.

Comcast, please fix this...  The issue just started today.

New Poster

I am still having an issue deleting emails.  Won't delete, says trash is full when it is not.  I cannot even move them to another folder.  Please help!

New Poster

Re: Deleting email

Same problem. I'm also told they are saving open emails?

New Poster

Error This message could not be moved to trash folder

Error This message could not be moved to trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full. In that case, please try to empty your deleted.  Also can't delete drafts and it keeps adding the same drafts  many times

Regular Visitor

Trash won't empty Emails will not delete

Is anyone else expeiancing this issue with their Email account? It started today, I delete my emails they say they are deleted then I get some garbage message saying they can not be deleted because there is too many in my trash folder. I try and empty the trash folder and they claim they have been deleted then pop back up with lines thru the titles etc. This trash is just part of the disater Xfinity's Email app since they supposedly upgraded it. It's the worse now the worse!

New Poster

Re: Trash won't empty Emails will not delete

it's been happening to me intermittently since early this afternoon and as recently as 7:00.  If it's not one thing it's another.

Tags (2)
New Poster

The same thing happens to me sometimes. I wish they hadn't changed the email. It's practically useless sometimes.

New Poster

can't empty trash folder

Can't delete unwanted emails to the trash folder because trash folder is full.  When trying to clear the trash folder, emails clear and then reappear. Also receicve error messages.  Help, I'm knee deep in trash.  This was never a problem with the old email software

New Poster

I'm having the same problem.  Can't delete unwanted eamils to trash foldfer because trash folder is full.  When trying to clear trash folder, emails disappear then reappear.  Also receive error messages.  Why can't comcast fix this?

New Poster

I'm having the same problem...  It seems every couple of weeks something gets messed up.

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastZach wrote:

Hello All -- Apologies for the issues with deleting email. We had a Nationally known issue with some servers that was causing this issue. We have gotten this resolved but I did want to check in to see if anyone is still having this issue. 

As of 3/9/17 Comcast has NOT resolved this issue! Do you understand that -mails can be deleted but trash cannot be emptied? The real problem is Trash will not empty even though multiple empty commands have breen made.

New Poster

Re: won't let me delete emails

I am not able to delete my emails.  When I delete them, they go away for a second and then come back.  

Frequent Visitor

Re: cannot delete email

Happening to me too. And I used to love using your webmail app. IT is now SO FRUSTRATING that when I try to delete from inbox, spam folder, move anything from ond folder or another or empty my webmail trash, it just doesn't happen. The error message I get is attached. Don't make me go back to Outlook!

error 3-9-17.jpg
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

It's getting worse now the deleted emails are popping up in my Inbox but the font is lighter and has a line thru it. Can't move it delete it or even open it up. I can't tell my new mail from stuff that looks like it's days or even weeks old. Who ever wrote the programming for this email system needs to be fired!