Community Forum

where are my folders

Highlighted
Contributor

where are my folders

I had a couple of folders in my email inbox and they have disappeared.  Where are they and how do I get them back?

Expert

Re: where are my folders

Next to the Inbox you should see a small arrowhead.  Click on that to see if the folders are "nested" there.  Or is it that you can't see any folders at all?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

OK, now I feel stupid.  I clicked on the arrowhead and the folders showed up.  Actually, I don't recall seeing the arrowhead before.  Thank you so much for that info.  I chatted with Comcast and they never mentioned your suggestion.

Expert

@margene1636 wrote:

OK, now I feel stupid.  I clicked on the arrowhead and the folders showed up.  Actually, I don't recall seeing the arrowhead before.  Thank you so much for that info.  I chatted with Comcast and they never mentioned your suggestion.

When you get an employee on the phone or in a chat, keep in mind that a lot of them don't even use the Comcast email themselves.  They use something else.  So you just got someone who is not familiar with the bells and whistles in the Appsuite software.  Not stupid at all.  But any folder that has sub-folders like that will have the arrowhead next to it as the "parent" folder.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have tried clicking on the arrowhead form numerous computers and yet all but one of my folders are gone, for months now. I called and was told "there was an issue being worked on" and they would be back soon, but still nothing. Its getting frustrating not being able to file my emails andnot having access to saved information. Frustrated!

New Poster

I am on my email and all of a sudden my folders are gone, i read somehting about an arrow but the only arrow i have is for  fort by, can you help me find them.

Michelle

Expert

@randyibew wrote:

I am on my email and all of a sudden my folders are gone, i read somehting about an arrow but the only arrow i have is for  sort by, can you help me find them.

Michelle

In webmail, look down at the bottom left of the page.  Do you see something that says "Show Folders"? If so, click on that, and your folders should reappear.

New Poster

thank you so much

Expert

@randyibew wrote:

thank you so much

You're quite welcome!