Community Forum

what is the difference between gb and usage?

Regular Visitor

what is the difference between gb and usage?

I have 10GB but only 13% usage.  What is the differnece between these two

Expert

Re: what is the difference between gb and usage?

@antwerpbelgium wrote:

I have 10GB but only 13% usage.  What is the differnece between these two

10GB is the total amount of space allocated for email.  13% is the percentage of that amount that is used, or "full".

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

So does this mean if I have 13 % usage that I would still have space for email?  My reason for these questions is that I cannot access my email becuase it shows 10 gb with 13% usage.  This is quire frustrating as both incoming and outgoing message are unavailable

Expert

@antwerpbelgium wrote:

So does this mean if I have 13 % usage that I would still have space for email?  My reason for these questions is that I cannot access my email becuase it shows 10 gb with 13% usage.  This is quire frustrating as both incoming and outgoing message are unavailable

13% of 10GB relates to storage of the emails.  Think of a gallon of milk where you've used 13% of that gallon, so you have 87% of the gallon left.  Yes, you still have space for email.  Being unable to receive incoming or send mail has nothing to do with that.

Are you getting any error messages when trying to receive or send email?  If so, what are they?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.