Community Forum

website unreachable via comcast?

Regular Visitor

website unreachable via comcast?

I help with the maintenance of a club website: www.washingtonparklawnbowlingclub.com

Our users here in the Denver Colorado area who are on Comcast cannot reach the site.  It is however accessible by members who don't have Comcast, and I can reach it on my phone over the verizon cell network.

Running a tracert gives the following:

C:\Users\xxxxx>tracert www.washingtonparklawnbowlingclub.com

Tracing route to www.washingtonparklawnbowlingclub.com [143.95.75.55]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  10.0.0.1
  2    12 ms    23 ms    13 ms  96.120.13.217
  3    13 ms    13 ms    12 ms  ae-115-rur101.denver.co.denver.comcast.net [68.85.220.161]
  4     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  5     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10  ^C

Any ideas how we can resolve this issue?  Only a problem for our members on comcast here in the Denver area.

Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: website unreachable via comcast?

I can't reach the site either. A trace from my location in Central PA looks similar to yours, and suggests that Comcast is blocking the site's IP. They sometimes do this in cases of gross abuse. Webhosts typically have more than one customer on an IP, and if that's the case here, the misbehavior causing the block may lie with one of those other sites.

If an employee doesn't take care of this for you here, Comcast Security Assurance should be able to help. Give them a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers. The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful. If so, be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Regular Visitor

Re: website unreachable via comcast?

Thanks BruceW,

I contacted Comcast at the number you gave and they un-blocked our site within a day.

Thanks!