Community Forum

viewing news videos

Frequent Visitor

viewing news videos

For the last week or so we've been unable to view any video clips on the home page or news screens. On an I-Mac with High Siera. Is this a omcast issue or an Apple issue. Are we alone in this or is it widespread.

Expert

Re: viewing news videos

I have an iMac too.  Are you using Chrome?  If so try with Safari or Firefox.  In my case with Chrome, I've noticed that this only seems to happen with the videos at the top of the page.  If I click on any under the sections like News or Sports they work OK.

Frequent Visitor

My hpmepage is Safari/Comcast.

Just tried Firefox and videos seem to be fine. Must be a Safari/ Comcast issue. I wish they would talk to each other. Paying premium price for the usual sub standard Comcast performance.

Expert

I just tried again with Safari and got a screen prompting me to use Adobe Flash Player.  So I clicked on the button for a one-time use and the videos played OK.  I dunno

Frequent Visitor

Follow up on an issue where I  cuould not get news videos to play on Comcast Home Page. i use an I MAC and Safari to connect.

After some searching I found I had an ad blocker installed as an add on to Duck Duck Go. Turned that off and videos run, as do the annoying 30 sec. ads ahead of the video. I just have to be picky about how important or useful the videos are so I don't kill too much time watching ads.

Thnks to Latoque for lead to that solution