Community Forum

spam filtering

Frequent Visitor

spam filtering

I have turned off my spam filter because it was filtering out emails that we not spam.  Now it is filtering out MORE emails that are not spam.   Can this be fixed?  Thanks for any and all help.  

Expert

Re: spam filtering

After disabling the filter, sign out of the account and back in again to see if the change "takes".

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, I will give that a try.  

Frequent Visitor

I signed out of my account and then signed in again.  Great advice, but there was no change in behavior.  Good/wamted emails are still being sent to spam folder.  I appreciate your advice.

Thanks

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Clicked on "Best Answer" by mistake.  Still having major issues with spam filtering.  This is so frustrating!  Spam filter is off and more email than ever is getting sent to Spam folder, especially the email that I want/need to see.

Has anyone had any luck with solving this issue?

Regular Contributor

> Now it is filtering out MORE emails that are not spam. This is exactly what is happening to me. Something has changed recently, not for the better.
New Poster

Comcast must have updated their Spam filter software. I too, have been having MAJOR issues with family member emails and work emails filtering into the Spam Folder and never downloading to my computer. Even added my sister to Comcast's online Address Book and that did not fix it.  I tracked down the Advanced Settings and turned off Spam filtering entirely. Hopefully that'll do the trick! Either that or dump Comcast email and go with a Gmail account of some sort.