Community Forum

spam filter now blocking needed email address

New Poster

spam filter now blocking needed email address

Yesterday I stopped getting emails from my husband, which are always important to me and often require action on my part.  I discovered they were landing in the SPAM folder (along with tons legit spam stuff).  Both his email address and my email address  are linked to the the same comcast account we have and are treating his email address as spam in all accounts. 

What I need to do is to remove "just his email address" from the list of spam email addresses coming to our account.  I was told to just remove the spam filter, but that leaves the door open for all the other spam I've worked so hard to block.  There must be a switch or toggle that can be set to identify just a single email address as not being spam, while leaving all the others earmarked as spam. 

Please help - it makes no sense to have to go into spam all throughout the day and fish for his emails, select each one and then click no spam just to get them back to the inbox like they used to be.  Thank you to anyone who can resolve this for me.  BJ

Gold Problem Solver

Re: spam filter now blocking needed email address

@lksammamsih wrote: ... There must be a switch or toggle that can be set to identify just a single email address as not being spam ...

You would think so, but Comcast doesn't offer a way to say "I always want to accept email from xxx@yyy". You can select messages in the Spam folder and click the "Not Spam" button, but it will likely take a lot of clicking on a lot of messages to stop future messages from being filtered.

If an employee doesn't help you with this here, Comcast Security Assurance might be able to. Give them a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers. The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful, so you may need to be persistent and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.