Community Forum

someone else is using my email as his/hers

New Poster

someone else is using my email as his/hers

Hello, in the last few months, someone I don't know has been using my email as hers or his. I don't know if somehow they were cross linked or what is happening, but I am getting their emails in my inbox, and I assume mine are visable to the other person. Since this has been happening I am getting a nasty virus, always the same one and in order to use the internet I must completely restore my computer. It may not be the reason for this virus, but concerning never the less. How do I switch email addresses, delete the old one, or any other solutions someone can think of?

Expert

Re: someone else is using my email as his/hers

First, call Comcast security and have them look at your account to see if they can determine what is going on-----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

As for changing the email address-------------

Yes, you can change the user ID-----that portion of the email address to the left of the @ symbol. On the Xfinity home page, click on "My Account" at the top. Sign in again. On the top of the landing page, click on "Users". The account name should now show. To the right, click on "Edit", and follow the prompts.

Caution-----once you change the user ID, you CANNOT get the old one back. So make sure the new one is really what you want.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!