Community Forum

signature not showing up

Frequent Visitor

signature not showing up

I go to the signature box, select & created what I want to use at the bottom of my emails. The option is selected but the signature doesn't show at the bottom of my outgoing emails.

Expert

Re: signature not showing up

Sometimes, when making a change in the settings in the account like that, you need to sign out of the account and back in again to make it "take".  Try that and see if it works then.  I assume you selected the choice of where you want it to appear, like a new email you are composing, or on replies and forwards?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I want to start an inspirational newsletter with my PayPal link at the bottom.

Expert

@dopom9 wrote:

I want to start an inspirational newsletter with my PayPal link at the bottom.

The Comcast webmail interface doesn't have any provision for a template, which I assume you would want to use for a newsletter format.  But at least some of the available desktop email clients have that ability like Mac Mail and Thunderbird.  Maybe others.  Also, keep in mind that there are sending limitations on a Comcast residential email account.  So it would depend on how many people you intend to send it to.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Wow! I'm so new & naive.

Frequent Visitor

Sign out of the account? Not sure what you mean but sometimes I get dropped out of my account & have to click back  in. Is that the same thing? If so, that's happened a few times but hasn't made  a difference.

Expert

@dopom9 wrote:

Sign out of the account? Not sure what you mean but sometimes I get dropped out of my account & have to click back  in. Is that the same thing? If so, that's happened a few times but hasn't made  a difference.

When you are on the Inbox page, under your name in the upper right corner you should see "Sign out".

Frequent Visitor

I just tried & got this:

Error
Unexpected System Error
Sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact your administrator for assistance and provide the reference number below to help locate and correct the problem.
Reference#: mrnylq
Frequent Visitor

I signed out,  back in & sent myself a test email. No signature.