Community Forum

secondary email account

Contributor

secondary email account

I have having an issue with my secondary email account on the xfinity web and my 2016 outlook client, it is set up the same way as my primary account, however i keep getting this message 'outlook cannot synchronize subcribed folder for (email address) error:  cannot connect to server, if you continue to receive this message, etc, etc, etc.

Expert

Re: secondary email account

@galerie wrote:

I have having an issue with my secondary email account on the xfinity web and my 2016 outlook client, it is set up the same way as my primary account, however i keep getting this message 'outlook cannot synchronize subcribed folder for (email address) error:  cannot connect to server, if you continue to receive this message, etc, etc, etc.

Check your settings to make sure you don't have a comma instead of a period, or have reversed letters somewhere.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

, I can access this secondary account fine with the outlook client on my main computer, however NOW when I try to access this account on the xfinity connect web page i get - Your mail xxxxxx.comcast.net was disabled due to invalid credentials.  Please edit the account and enter the correct crendtials to enable it again.

How can the credentials be incorrect when it works on the client

Expert

@galerie wrote:

, I can access this secondary account fine with the outlook client on my main computer, however NOW when I try to access this account on the xfinity connect web page i get - Your mail xxxxxx.comcast.net was disabled due to invalid credentials.  Please edit the account and enter the correct crendtials to enable it again.

How can the credentials be incorrect when it works on the client

As a test, disable the account in Outlook.  Can you then get into it OK at the webmail UI?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!