Community Forum

search on comcast email

New Poster

search on comcast email

On comcast email my searches don't bring up full results. How can I change this to gain full results? The search function is very clumsy as compared to outlook. 

How can I make sure that my settings are saving all my emails?

Regular Visitor

Re: search on comcast email

I'm having the same issue. This is frustrating!

Expert

epma wrote:

On comcast email my searches don't bring up full results. How can I change this to gain full results? The search function is very clumsy as compared to outlook. 

How can I make sure that my settings are saving all my emails?

The search criteria for Comcast webmail are found here-----------------

https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/search-your-xfinity-connect-inbox/?currentTopicId=06d84d26-...

As for saving your emails, there are no schedules in the new format that you can adjust.  Except for Trash and Spam, all other folders should keep them indefinitely until you delete them.

Regular Visitor

I followed the link regarding search tips. A search using quotation marks still does not yield a full result. Unless I am missing something, the search feature in this new email "appsuite" is sub-par. Comcast should address this. Zimbra worked very well and much faster. I search my emails constantly and now I'm crippled by this change.

Expert

All I can say is that the search criteria are the same for both the old and new formats.  One of my accounts is in the new format and it works OK for me.

Regular Visitor

The new email search does not work at all like the old one.  Search results are totally different and totally incorrect for advanced searches, eg. I type in "is:read", which used to show me only the email I had looked at already.  Now I get a whole bunch of email from amazon showing up, most of which is unread.  It's junk.  Search by date doesn't work either.  Almost nothing works in advanced search anymore.

I got switched to the new email in November and wish I could go back.  My wife and I both agree that the new email is SO bad, that we're looking at switching entirely to something else and just forward everyting from comcast there.  Somebody call me when it's not garbage anymore.

New Poster

I am having the same frustrating experience with the Search function in the new Comcast email format. The results are partial and skimpy -- FAR inferior to the results I'd get in the old format. I use comcast as my work and personal email, and the thing I valued most was the ability to swiftly search and get comprehensive results.

Now, valuable information is buried and unfindable in my inbox. This has impeded my performance at work. I'm thinking of trying to migrate all my emails to gmail to make them searchable again.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue, but worse.  I've been jacked around by Customer Service for two weeks now.  They won't actually call me back even after I repeatedly tell them which phone number to use, they insist on calling my home number and asking to talk to my husband.  After he tells them that I am having the issue and they repeatedly have been told to call my cell, they then close the ticket without authorization.  I have been told that an engineer will call me back, but only to receive another call back from Level 2 support.  Finally on Thursday I am transferred to someone who actually seems to understand English and tells me that no engineer has ever been contacted regarding this matter, but she will forward the screenshots I sent her showing the results of different search methods in detail.  She did tell me though that after she discusses this matter with engineering she will call me back on Tuesday.  The new search interface is complete garbage. You will get different results if you put a quote around even a single word than if you don't use the quotes.  No search in an email system should require you to know if you used the search term in the subject or in the text of the email.  I am also looking at a seven year gap in my search results.  I enter Ebay and I see results today's date back to 1.13.18 and then dates back to 2010 and prior. A seven year gap of (lost?) data!  Fingers crossed that the rep actually calls me back and somebody with a brain has looked at the matter and can see how janky their new interface it. As horrible as this is the phone app is now even worse.  An email exchange there also keeps indenting every new response, and by the time the fourth exchange transpires you are looking at single word lines.  Anyway, fingers crossed and hopefully I'll be able to report back with some positive news, if Sylvia calls me back.     

New Poster

The Search Function on the new email platform is worthless.  I can see i have 100s of emails from a particular source but if I search it only a few come up.  Ridiculous.  At first I thought a bunch of my emails had been deleted but now I think they may be there but the search function does not work.   Everytime I try to scroll down in alpha order to the person I am looking for starting with "M" my email freezes and I can't look for the email.  This never happened with the previous platform.  I dont know why this would be so difficult to fix, but we are paying for a service that is below sub par if there is such a thing.  UGH

Expert

Are you searching a particular folder or "All folders"?  Some of the search operators are found here--------------

https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/search-your-xfinity-connect-inbox/

Contributor

Should yo ever find a solution please let me know as I am struggling with this issue also. 

Contributor

now to add insult to the injury --- I started a chat about this failure of the search function and was told, we are aware and will have it fixed shortly as our experts are working on the problem...  Then they tried to sell me a home security system....   When did tech support turn into a sales force?????? 

New Poster

Comcast,

Your new (and not improved) email search still does not work.  Please make a way for users to go back to the old email view where the search worked.  I have more than a decade of saved emails and it's worthless without the search feature working correctly.   Both on an Android S8 and a Windows 8 PC, the search results are incomplete.  I have tried using quotes, making sure "all folders" is selected, and selecting "in mail text".   Results that I know should be in my email are missing.

On the PC, the results do not go back far enough; they only seem to go back a few years.  I can sort my inbox by ascending date and look inside an old email, say from 2005.  When I search for the text that is plainly in the email, the search does not find it.  This is just ridiculous that you cannot make a simple text search work.

The old email system was also much faster at everything.  Again, please make a way for users to select to use the older system that worked.