Community Forum

resqmta-po-08v.sys.comcast.net [96.114.154.167] is on SpamCop's spammer list.

johnralls
New Poster

resqmta-po-08v.sys.comcast.net [96.114.154.167] is on SpamCop's spammer list.

So email routed through it isn't delivered to MTAs that filter with SpamCop.

ComcastJoeTru
Official Employee

Re: resqmta-po-08v.sys.comcast.net [96.114.154.167] is on SpamCop's spammer list.

Hi johnralls. Thank you for creating a post on our Forum. We would like to offer assistance, however we will need a bit more information about the issue you are experiencing. Can you provide a bit more detailed information / screenshots / symptoms? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
johnralls
New Poster

Re: resqmta-po-08v.sys.comcast.net [96.114.154.167] is on SpamCop's spammer list.

Sure. Here's the bounce message:

Subject: Permanent Error
Date: January 22, 2021 at 8:25:20 AM PST
To:<edited>

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.      

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* <edited>

Reason: Permanent Error

Reporting-MTA: dns; resqmta-po-08v.sys.comcast.net [96.114.154.167]
Received-From-MTA: dns; resomta-po-03v.sys.comcast.net [96.114.154.227]
Arrival-Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 16:19:17 +0000

Final-recipient: rfc822; <edited>
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [96.114.154.167] blocked using bl.spamcop.net; Blocked - see https://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?96.114.154.167

Last-attempt-Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 16:25:20 +0000

<post edited for violating forum guidelines>
ComcastTambrey
Official Employee

Thanks for the screenshot @johnralls.

Are you only getting bounce-back when sending to that single recipient? 

Have you checked with the owner of that address that it is a valid or still active address? 

Have you tried to send mail to that address using any other address or mail service?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
johnralls
New Poster

Yes, I routinely communicate with that address. No, I haven't had any more bounces due to spam cop, and in fact a followup email a few minutes later went via a different chain of comcast MTAs and didn't trip spamcop.

It's entirely possible, likely even, that the comcast mail admins discovered the bounce separately and resoloved it. After all, it's been 2 weeks since I reported it. I did so here because there doesn't seem to be any other way for customers to communicate with humans than to post here. I hoped that the response from the staff monitoring the forum would be to just timely forward the information to the mail admins. That's obviously not the case so I won't bother in future.