Community Forum

replyto not honored from a web-based email

Regular Visitor

replyto not honored from a web-based email

We have a website that uses a form to send emails and the form specifies a replyto field.   However upon receipt of the email in xfinity email, use of the reply function results on the reply going to the sender (web form address) and not the replyto address.  Why doesn't xfinity email honor the replyto specification?  Will this change in the future?

From: xxxxxxxxxxx <forms@xxxx.org>   reply function results in this address being used  (xxx'd out the from for privacy)
Reply-To: xxxxxxxxxxx@comcast.net  (x'd out actual names for protection)  reply SHOULD use this address

This appears to be an issue with xfinity email only as other email programs are using the replyto as expected. 

Expert

Re: replyto not honored from a web-based email

I tried the following experiment --------------------

Using Mac Mail I sent an email from my Yahoo account to one of my Comcast accounts and specified one of my iCloud accounts as the "Reply-to" address.  When it got to the Comcast account I hit "Reply" and sent it.  It arrived at the iCloud account, not the Yahoo account.  So far so good.  Doing the same thing but instead using "Quick Reply All", it does not work, and instead goes back to the Yahoo account.  If I use "Reply All", it will send to both the Yahoo and the iCloud account.

Regular Visitor

Re: replyto not honored from a web-based email

thanks you are right.  I didn't think to try other reply options.