Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

recover messages in creation accidentally deleted?

New Poster

recover messages in creation accidentally deleted?

My cusor has a mind of its own--either a gremlin has taken control or its possesed by an evil spirit! :-)  Sometimes an email that I'm wriiting will be accidently deleted because the cursor had moved to the wong place while writing!!  Is there any way to recover such an accidentally erased message?

Thanks from a generally happy Comcast user.

Expert

Re: recover messages in creation accidentally deleted?

@Malachi36 wrote:

My cusor has a mind of its own--either a gremlin has taken control or its possesed by an evil spirit! :-)  Sometimes an email that I'm wriiting will be accidently deleted because the cursor had moved to the wong place while writing!!  Is there any way to recover such an accidentally erased message?

Thanks from a generally happy Comcast user.

I don't know of any way to recover a message like that unless you can right click and see Undo in the popup box.

Do you have Auto-save set up in your Settings?  If not, you might want to do that.

• In Appsuite [connect.xfinity.com/appsuite] click on the gear and then on Settings.
  • Click on Mail in the left pane.
  • Scroll down until you see Auto-save email drafts and choose how often you want to save

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Many thanks! I'll try it!

Loyal Customer

Expert

If you are on a Windows machine, and still in the compose page, try  Cntrl-Z on the keyboard.