Community Forum

read emails

New Poster

read emails

My emails used to be marked read as soon as I read them.  Now I have to manually mark them read?  Any way to change this?

Expert

Re: read emails

If you open a message in the list it should be automatically marked as read.  That is the default and there is no way to change that.  How are you accessing your email?

New Poster

Going through the xfinity site through Firefox. 
When I click on the email to open it, then read it, and it is not showing as read.  I have to click on the envelope again to mark it as read.  I would think the default would be to automatically mark it read but it doesn't.  This just started about a week or so, apparently when an update was made to the email.  Thanks for responding.

Expert

Try clearing out Firefox's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close it out  and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

New Poster

So, hate to sound stupid, but I guess I am about how to clear out Firefox's cache/browsing history??  Thanks for your help Latoque.

Expert

Click on the link below.  When you get onto the Mozilla site scroll down to "How do I clear my history?"  You will want to select "Everything".

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-browsing-search-download-history-firefox

New Poster

I'll give it a try.  Thanks again.