Community Forum

"resimta-po-32v.sys.comcast.net rejected your message..."

New Poster

"resimta-po-32v.sys.comcast.net rejected your message..."

Most of my email messages are received and sent by my Comcast email address without incident. But for at least a couple of weeks, my Inbox receives at least one or two emails a day with a subject line such as "Undeliverable: Invoice 4173". These emails all appear to be based on actual e-mail messages either sent to my comcast email address, or sent by me to another recipient. But their subject lines always start with the word "Undeliverable". The body of the email contains apparently standard text such as this:

resimta-po-32v.sys.comcast.net rejected your message to the following email addresses:

[my email address]
There's a problem with the recipient's mailbox. Please try resending the message. If the problem continues, please contact your email admin.

resimta-po-32v.sys.comcast.net gave this error:
yGLrePMcs45aeyGLseFIQ5 Message rejected due to DMARC. Please see http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php#DM000001

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: DM3PR17MB0603.namprd17.prod.outlook.com
Total retry attempts: 1

And then there is a long, multiparagraph string of text in computer code language, some of which refers to ascii files, etc.

Anyone have any idea what this is all about? It appears that something has changed, perhaps related to DMARC - ?? Thanks to anyone who reads this and replies helpfully.