Community Forum

"Connection timed out"

Frequent Visitor

"Connection timed out"

In Savannah, Georgia and am getting "Connection timed out" when trying to open email. Problem is occurring on both desktop & phone app. Anyone else having an issue?

Regular Contributor

Re: "Connection timed out"

Seeing something similar too. In addition, I see the same issue as the previous post about folders (Sent, Draft, Trash) having disappeared when logging directly into Comcast email (Web interface).

Frequent Visitor

Same problem. Unable to access email through outlook or xfinity web interface.

Times out on web interface and get "account temporarily unavailable" with outlook.

Problem Solver

No problem receiving email here in Vermont, 05478, both regular and junk.  I'm using Outlook on my desktop.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
New Poster

Yep, same here.  Gainesville, FL

Regular Visitor

In Sunset Beach NC, having the same problem for the last few hours

New Poster

Connection timed out also here in Cape Coral, Florida

Regular Visitor

Also, we did not get our folders list, such as Inbox, Sent, Trash, etc....only our created folders.

Regular Visitor

My connection keeps timing out - Trash Folder looks empty, but I can't put anyting into the trash folder. It tells me I need to delete Items, but there is nothing in there.

New Poster

Same problem.  Just spent a long time on online Chat with Xfinity on my phone regarding my inability to load email and "connection timing out" to no avail.   I am able to access and use email on my phone but not my laptop.   

Regular Visitor

I am on Chat Now - They are trying to "reload my online entitlements" - Esclating the ticket.  Looks like a global issue.

Problem Solver

Not an issue for me.  Email working fine.  Zip 05478, Vermont.

Joe V
New Poster

Trash folder exists, but i can't get to it with this error message:

Error

An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

and I can't move anything to it on one account.  The other two are working fine

Frequent Visitor

Been having the same issue here in Atlanta for a few hours. Can't get mail to load on laptop or phone

Regular Visitor

yes - I am on chat now - I have tried IE and Chrome - Same Issue - Can't access the Trash Folder and I can't delete anything. I am getting mail and can read mail - open mail. Just can't delete anything.

New Poster

Same thing in Seattle - lost views to all folders - can now see them but can't get to SENT mail folder - and when I send an email, it indicates it cannot save a copy in the SENT MAIL folder. 

Regular Visitor

So Chat was not helpful. They  had be try different browsers - this did not help, they also had be clear my cookies/cache -   Still nothing. - Logged of and Logged back on. Still nothing. - I think this is a larger issue. Maybe I will just try back tomorrowSmiley Sad

Error

An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
New Poster

Same issue in Columbus IN  Not receiving emails since noon 4-2-19   Going to try to send email to

family member I bet that doesn't work either.

New Poster

Chat had me do all those same steps too but nothing worked. I’m in Colorado so i do think indeed it is a larger issue.
New Poster

To me the odd part is that I have 4 comcast.net accounts and only one has the problem and it was the one that had the fullest Trash folder which I was going to clean up today.  Two others are working fine and I can delete emails, access the Trash folder, etc.  And I cleaned up the trash and Sent folders on those accounts

New Poster

I have the same issue in Orlando, FL.  Cannot connect on any browser and tried mobile and a laptop.  Same issue.  

New Poster

I can connect just fine and I'm still receiving emails which include a ton of updates to this thread (I just located the unsubscribe tutton thankfully)

Highlighted
New Poster

Aha, something was "fixed"  as I can now access my Trash folder after a refresh of my browser (Firefox)

New Poster

Yes, here in Fort Myers too, and on both my macbook pro and my iphone 6 (both running Safari).  Started around noon ET, I think.  

I updated my OS and browser, cleared my cache, ran Comcast's system check ("looks good on our end", they said).  

Regular Visitor

Finally Fixed - YAY

New Poster

Still getting the error indicating the SENT folder can't be accessed,

Error

And when I attempt to send a message, it reports:
"Message has been successfully sent. A copy could not be placed in your sent folder though"

Sigh
New Poster

Yes I am getting a connection time out when trying to open xfinity email.  I live in N. CA so this must be pretty wide spread.

Regular Visitor

Same problem in Chicago northern suburbs.

New Poster

Same garbage here, the xfinity email is the SLOWEST connecting tab of ALL MY SITES, JUST TERRIBLE. 

Regular Visitor

Emailout since noon yesterday 4/2, Have a recieved a smattering of emails overnight and then stopped, Sent Folder does not work using Thunderbird. Logged ontp Comcast website online and cannot connect to Email server.

Regular Visitor

Same issue in central CA since noon 04/02. I cannot access email on my desktop, phone or Ipad. 

Problem Solver

Interesting.  I still have NO issues accessing my email on my desktop (Outlook), iPad or by phone using Xfinity Connect here in Vermont, 05478.  It might be an account issue rather than location since people around the country are reporting it. 

Are we going to get an update/comment from any Comcast agents???

Joe V
Silver Problem Solver

Still seems to be happening as of Wednesday (April 3) morning. I use Netvibes as my home page, and it has a 'widget' that uses POP3 to show any mail. It was timing out both yesterday and today.  When I tried the webmail, it timed out with the connection message. Yesterday, it did load after a refresh, but not today. I then tried starting my Thunderbird. Yesterday, it worked fine. Today, it did download the one email, but hung for awhile, presumably trying to delete it from Comcast's server. Once that mail was downloaded, everything started working fine on both the webmail and Thunderbird.

It almost seems as if it is having intermittent issues trying to access the actual mail at times.

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem in Seattle.

Silver Problem Solver

Looks like this back again. Had issues this morning until Tbird was able to actually download, but not delete, an email through POP again. Exact same symptoms as I mentioned 2 posts back.