Community Forum

putting email icon on desktop for easy access

New Poster

putting email icon on desktop for easy access

Its tiresome to go to the internet everytime I want to see my emails.  What I'd like to do is have an icon on my desktop contains my email program that I can click into.  How do I do that?

Expert

Re: putting email icon on desktop for easy access

338lakehurst wrote:

Its tiresome to go to the internet everytime I want to see my emails.  What I'd like to do is have an icon on my desktop contains my email program that I can click into.  How do I do that?

Your best bet is to download and install a free email client.  You won't need to load your browser or go to the Comcast webmail website.  There are some good ones out there [I prefer Thunderbird].

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

No. Not what I want
Expert

You are still going to have to "access the internet" to get to your email.  In other words, even if you have a link on your desktop it's going to open your browser and you will have to sign in to get to your email.

On the email page, put your cursor in the URL location bar and right click on the URL.  Choose copy.  Minimize your browser and then right click on your desktop to paste the URL to your desktop.

Good luck.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hello 338lakehurst, Again is right, that is the only way to achieve what you are trying to do. Otherwise, you can use another client as suggested.