Community Forum

problems getting gmail

New Poster

problems getting gmail

I am using outlook as my mail client for gmail. I have no problems receiving gmail except when i connect using the xfinity internet. in order to get my gmail through outlook, I have been connecting to the internet through my cell phone. I have seen a number of other people with the same problem but to date I have yet to see a solution. I am using ports port 995 for the pop3 incoming and port 465 for the outgoing smtp. The outgoing seems to work fine but the incoming does not work - any suggestions would be appreciated

Expert

Re: problems getting gmail

@jespaulding wrote:

I am using outlook as my mail client for gmail. I have no problems receiving gmail except when i connect using the xfinity internet. in order to get my gmail through outlook, I have been connecting to the internet through my cell phone. I have seen a number of other people with the same problem but to date I have yet to see a solution. I am using ports port 995 for the pop3 incoming and port 465 for the outgoing smtp. The outgoing seems to work fine but the incoming does not work - any suggestions would be appreciated

Do you have these settings?

Server settings for gmail:

Incoming

pop.gmail.com

Port 995

Requires SSL

Outgoing

smtp.gmail.com

Port 465

Requires authentication

SSL/TLS

If using TLS/STARTTLS use port 587

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.