Community Forum

outbound emails

New Poster

outbound emails

Our emails will not send-outbound. I am receiving emails. 

Expert

Re: outbound emails

How are you accessing your email?  With only the webmail interface and a browser?  Or with a desktop client like Thunderbird or Outlook?  Or with the mail app on a mobile device?  Exactly what happens when you try to send?  Are you getting any error message?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have the same outbound problem with comcast. Using Thunderbird as email handler. Contacted comcast to verify smtp settings. All were good.

Thunderbird worked great 2 days ago, now it won't let me send anything. I tried to use same comcast account on my ipad email program, and it got blocked as well (worked fine 2 days ago as well). So I'm thinking it's a comcast problem, not a software problem on my end.

I've deleted the entire comcast acct and re-established it, but no joy.

New Poster

we are using Mac Apple Mail

New Poster

Image 1-10-19 at 11.45 AM.jpg

This is what I am using

New Poster

I was told the same thing to call apple it is an apple issue...which it is not so I am still without outgoing emails. 

New Poster

I do not get an error message I just have all my emails sit in the outbox.

It works on my cell phone not connected to the comcast modem.

Thanks for helping...

Expert

@smdville wrote:

I do not get an error message I just have all my emails sit in the outbox.

It works on my cell phone not connected to the comcast modem.

Thanks for helping...

OK, I'm using Mac Mail on an iMac, and I cannot duplicate this problem.  Does it work OK if you use only the webmail interface and a browser?  What version of Mail are you using?  I have v12.2 (Mojave).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!