Community Forum

not receiving incoming email on comcast

New Poster

Re: not receiving incoming email on comcast

I am not receiving emails

Expert

You need to provide better information.  How are you accessing your email?  On a desktop/laptop computer using only the webmail interface and a browser?  Or on a mobile device using a mail app or what?  Have you tried sending yourself a test email from some other account you have like Yahoo or Gmail?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am  not recieving emails on my comcast.net. Not on any of my device.

Expert

One thing to check for sure----------look to see if your "Safe List" has become enabled.  On the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, then on Settings>>>>>Advanced settings.  If the Safe List is enabled, uncheck the box to disable it.  If that list is turned on you won't get emails from anyone unless you have deliberately put them on that list.

Have you tried sending yourself an email from some other account you have like Gmail or Mail.com, etc?  If so does it go through OK?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Re: not receiving some incoming email on comcast

I’m not receiving some of my emails I’m still receiving emails I’ll login online on the iPad I also use a laptop and login online and I also use the Comcast app but the same thing is happening I sent myself an email from my Gmail account And I never received it so I’m not really sure what’s going on
New Poster

I am getting them on my iphone but not on my desk top.  ????

Expert

@clari wrote:

I am getting them on my iphone but not on my desk top.  ????

Do you have the account enabled on the phone using POP3?  If so, it may be downloading the messages and then deleting them from the server, in which case the client on the PC would have nothing to "see".

New Poster

I am accessing Xfinity Connect and no test emails I sent have come through. Additionally, the account will not forward email to my gmail account.

Expert

@barbkvt wrote:

I am accessing Xfinity Connect and no test emails I sent have come through. Additionally, the account will not forward email to my gmail account.

Check to see if your "Safe List" has been enabled.  From the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, then on Settings>>>>>Advanced settings.  If the Safe list is enabled, nothing will get to the Inbox unless the address is on that list.

New Poster

No safelist is not enabled.

Expert

@barbkvt wrote:

No safelist is not enabled.

Try sending yourself an email from some other account you have like Yahoo or Gmail.  Does it go through OK?  Try signing out of the account and back in again.    You are using only the Comcast webmail UI and a browser, yes?

New Poster

I sent e-mails from two different accounts. None of them ever showed up.

I have since turned off the e-mail forwarding feature, which wasn't working either. Now it appears that e-mail is coming into the comcast account. After I am sure that it is getting all e-mails then I will take another run at the forwarding e-mail feature.

New Poster

not getting emails on my comcast mail account

Expert

@procville wrote:

not getting emails on my comcast mail account

How are you accessing your email?  Did you try what I suggested up-thread?  Can you send yourself an email from some other account you have like Gmail or something?

New Poster

I am receiving and sending emails on my iphone6 but not able to receive emails on my IMac desktop.
Please advise
Thank you
Expert

@cjl25 wrote:
I am receiving and sending emails on my iphone6 but not able to receive emails on my IMac desktop.
Please advise
Thank you

Are you using Mac Mail on the iMac, or only the webmail interface and a browser?  Have you tried sending yourself an email from some other account you have like Yahoo or Outlook.com, etc?  If so does it go through OK?

Regular Visitor

how do i convert pop to imap for my mail

Expert

@karisi wrote:

how do i convert pop to imap for my mail

The client settings are found here-----------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/?

New Poster

That sounds promising. How do i cange the pop

New Poster

@rayfaulk wrote:

I'm not receiving any incoming email on my comcast account... I can get on the internet but am not receiving any emails. Any thoughts?

Ray

Expert

@fkonmurphy wrote:

@rayfaulk wrote:

I'm not receiving any incoming email on my comcast account... I can get on the internet but am not receiving any emails. Any thoughts?

Ray

@fkonmurphy, was your question the same as rayfaulk's, or did you have a different question.  If the same, are you using an email client, and if so, which one?

New Poster

Just received an email indicating account will be closed unless agreeing to an upgrade . Is this spam
Expert

@summit157 wrote:
Just received an email indicating account will be closed unless agreeing to an upgrade . Is this spam

It's a phishing attempt.  Comcast will not send you an email threatening you with anything.  That's the first giveaway that it's not legitimate.  To tell a legitimate email from Comcast, look for the Verified logo in the header of the message--------------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-verified-email/

You can report such messages here----------------

https://constantguard.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/

New Poster

I receive emails but cannot opem or read them

Expert

@rtgange wrote:

I receive emails but cannot opem or read them

How are you accessing your email?  Exactly what happens when you try to open one?  Are you getting any error message?

Regular Visitor

I added an iPad a few days ago and now can’t receive emails on my comcast.net
Expert

@stevegaines wrote:
I added an iPad a few days ago and now can’t receive emails on my comcast.net

Are you using only Safari and the webmail interface, or the Mail app in iOS?  Or maybe the Xfinity Connect app?

Regular Visitor

Mail app, I believe
Regular Visitor

My friend on gmail sent one and I received it
Expert

@stevegaines wrote:
My friend on gmail sent one and I received it

OK.  To check, send yourself a test email from some other non-Comcast account you have like Gmail, Yahoo, Mail.com or some other.  Does it go through OK?

New Poster

Not receiving emails through comcast

New Poster

My emails won't appear on my laptop anymore from xfinity

Expert

@boyle-family wrote:

My emails won't appear on my laptop anymore from xfinity

You need to provide better information---------are you using only the webmail interface and a browser, or a desktop client like Outlook or Thunderbird?  Are you getting to the Inbox page?  Can you sign into the account?