Community Forum

not receiving incoming email on comcast

New Poster

not receiving incoming email on comcast

I'm not receiving any incoming email on my comcast account... I can get on the internet but am not receiving any emails. Any thoughts?

Ray

Frequent Visitor

Re: not receiving incoming email on comcast

Same here!
New Poster

Any luck.  I am too having this problem

New Poster

Havent recieved emails as well. Can sign into my mail but cannot receive nor can I read any emails on the server from the last few days.  Just pulls up a blank page.

Contributor

I stopped receiving comcast email on my iPhone on Dec 8 sometime.  Didn't notice it for a while.  Nobody here offered any suggestions.  It looks like they got rid of the POP3 server???  I added it as a new email account on my iPhone and it didn't give me a choice but set it as iMAP and now I got the 150 messages that were missing (I could see them on webmail and using Thunderbird email client that I set up on my PC).

So maybe you need to change the settings to iMAP?

it automatically set me up with host name: imap.comcast.net, Server Port 993

UPDATE: I saw another post which had changed settings for POP3.  mail.comcast.net:995 and that seems to work

New Poster

Add me to the list.  This started about a day or 2 ago.  It has also happened in the past.  Don't know if it is a seasonal issue with comcast, but I keep getting disconnected to the server and the files will not load.  I use IMAP vs POP.  Until now everything was good for the past 6 months. I have no problem getting these emails on my Android (Galaxy S5).  Closing Outlook (2010) and opening it again seems to open thisng up but it does not last.  Also inbound emails don't come in the correct sequence.  Some are current , while other could be almost a day old.  What's going on?

New Poster

I have 3 comcast email addresses using IMAP. I use Outlook 2010 as my email client.

Recently I am unable to send email on one of the accounts.  Outlook reports that it is unable to connect to the IMAP server.

i can send an email from one of the "good" addresses to the "bad" address.

I can send an email from the "bad" address to the "good" address.

I can't send an email to a non comcast email address from the "bad" address.

New Poster

Wow, this problem seems to have been going on for a while.

I've had Outlook 2007 using Comcast IMAP for a long time, and suddenly today (Jan 4, 2018) it doesn't work. Double checked all my IMAP settings ...all still good.

I haven't patched my system in a month or so, so it's not that.

All the test verification in Outlook works, no error messages when the email is supposedly sync'ing with Comcast ... but no email in the folder. All indicators say it's working ... except that it's just NOT.

I can read my email on the Comcast website, but not on Outlook.

We just re-upped our contract a few weeks ago too.

REALLY REALLY regretting that decision right about now.

This is NOT the service I'm paying through the nose for every month.

Expert

str13 wrote:

Wow, this problem seems to have been going on for a while.

I've had Outlook 2007 using Comcast IMAP for a long time, and suddenly today (Jan 4, 2018) it doesn't work. Double checked all my IMAP settings ...all still good.

I haven't patched my system in a month or so, so it's not that.

All the test verification in Outlook works, no error messages when the email is supposedly sync'ing with Comcast ... but no email in the folder. All indicators say it's working ... except that it's just NOT.

I can read my email on the Comcast website, but not on Outlook.

We just re-upped our contract a few weeks ago too.

REALLY REALLY regretting that decision right about now.

This is NOT the service I'm paying through the nose for every month.

Check to see if your incoming imap server is imap.email.comcast.net.  If not, try changing to that and see if your email is downloaded.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Stopped receiving Comcast emails in Outlook 2016 and on my iPhone 4s on January 4, 2018.   Outlook is set up as a POP3 (per directions by Comcast in March 2016) on my new computer in 2016.  My iPhone was set up for Comcast mail in 2012 by another person.  No clue how she did it.  It has been working fine for 5.5 years, until yesterday.    Outgoing mail is working fine in Outlook on my computer.  Haven't tried to send mail on my iPhone.   I can only access my emails on the Comcast server.   Any ideas how to fix?   Seems like it must be a setting or change by Comcast since both iPhone (Apple) and computer (Dell PC) stopped receiving email on January 4th. 

New Poster

Suggestion from Again (change server name to imap.email.comcast.net) works!

Thanks

Expert

rayfaulk wrote:

I'm not receiving any incoming email on my comcast account... I can get on the internet but am not receiving any emails. Any thoughts?

Ray

Did you try sending yourself an email from some other account you have like Yahoo or something?  Does it get through OK?  Also, check your email Safe List to make sure it's not turned on.  If it's enabled you will only get emails from contacts you deliberately put on the list.  From the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the page, then on Settings>>>>>Advanced Settings.  If it's enabled, disable it.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue. Both my home computer (outlook) and my iphone (mail) have stopped receiving emails. Incoming server is mail.comcast.net port 995

Has been this way for years, but stopped working few days back

Expert

wrote:

I'm having the same issue. Both my home computer (outlook) and my iphone (mail) have stopped receiving emails. Incoming server is mail.comcast.net port 995

Has been this way for years, but stopped working few days back

Did your webmail migrate to the new webmail?  Besides looking at the layout, is your URL showing appsuite instead of zimbra?  If so, you would need to change your settings in outlook and your phone to reflect the following for incoming.

Incoming server
Server type: IMAP
Server name: imap.email.comcast.net
Connection security: SSL/TLS
Server port: 993

Outgoing server
Server name: smtp.comcast.net
Connection security: SSL/TLS
Server port: 465
Authentication: As incoming mail server

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

So some good news and bad news.... Let's start with the good.

I setup a new account with the settings you recommended and I have emails downloading which I haven't had in a couple of weeks.   Your were correct, my web-email now has a new look.

On the bad news/this could have been handled bettter front.

My email is currently downloading duplicates of 13,000 emails. Don't ask me why.

Why didn't Comcast give us these instructions instead of customers suddenly being cutoff without email for a couple of weeks and then having to proactively go look for a solution? Their customer service here is the worst - I guess I'm not saying anything new, but if there was a #metooComcast movement..... put me on the list cause I feel I just got it.

Expert

Does this explain the extra emails for you?---------------------

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/No-Emails-Left-On-Server/m-p/3039185#M192150

New Poster

Emails are showing, but unable to open any of them

New Poster

Ditto here. Happens more and more.

Official Employee

Please be advised that the correct setting for IMAP connections is imap.comcast.net.

While imap.email.comcast.net will work at the moment, it is not an official setting and will become unavailable in the future. Once that is removed it will cause issues for anyone using this setting.

The correct settings for IMAP can be found here How do I manually set up IMAP?

New Poster

I BOUGHT a new computer and I am not receiving end
Ail
New Poster

As of April 7, 2018 this worked for outlook:  imap.email.comcast.net

New Poster

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000252 EndHTML:000060857 StartFragment:000059612 EndFragment:000060684 StartSelection:000059612 EndSelection:000060678 SourceURL:http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet-Archive/Incoming-Emails-are-not-working/m-p/2837223Solved: Incoming Emails are not working - Xfinity Help and Support Forums - 2837223

I had this problem too.... checked this out and it worked

One thing to check for sure------- see if your "Safe List" has become enabled.  If you are still on the old email format, from the Inbox page go to Preferences>>>>>Email>>>>>>Email Safe List.  If you are on the new format, on the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen, then on Settings>>>>>Mail>>>>>>Advanced Mail Settings>>>>>Email Safe List.  If it is enabled, nothing will get to your Inbox unless you had put the contact on that list.  So if it is, turn it off.

Also, try sending yourself an email from some other email account you have with another email provider like Yahoo or Outlook.com.   Does it work OK?

New Poster

Not receiving incoming e mail on Comcast wi fi works fine

Expert

@Wcc081344 wrote:

Not receiving incoming e mail on Comcast wi fi works fine

How are you accessing your email?  With just a browser and the webmail interface?  Or in a desktop client like Outlook or Thunderbird, or something else?  Have you tried sending yourself a test email from another non-Comcast account you have like Gmail or Yahoo?  Does it go through OK?

New Poster

Can not get mail 

Expert

@maryannrocha wrote:

Can not get mail 

How are you accessing your email?  Did you try what I suggested upthread?

Contributor

Same here.

Regular Visitor

this has been going on for months. Mac mini cannot receive, only send. Iphone 5c can send and receive, no problem...

Expert

@arusho wrote:

this has been going on for months. Mac mini cannot receive, only send. Iphone 5c can send and receive, no problem...

On the Mac, are you getting any kind of error message when you try to send?  Are you using only the webmail interface or Mac Mail or what?

Contributor

Not using a Mac.

Contributor

Not using Mac - using Windows PC.Problem seems OK for now.