Community Forum

not receiving emails

Frequent Visitor

not receiving emails

Any emails sent to a comcast.net customer is not received by them.  It is also not kicked back to me.  I send through unexco.com but also have a comcast.net email. I have been able to test it.  It looks like it goes to the email account but new gets there.  This has been happening for at least 3 weeks. 

Expert

Re: not receiving emails

Who is your ISP---Comcast or Unexco?  Who are you paying for internet service?  Because if you don't have an active Comcast paid account, your Comcast address won't work any more.

Frequent Visitor

I have both, and both active.  I usually send through unexco account but now comcast people cannot get it. 

Official Employee

amy2742, could you send me a private message with the email you're sending from, sending to, and a rough date of when a messages was blocked?  Thank you.

Official Employee

Message received, I'll try to take a look now.  If I need further details, I'll let you know.

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

post by catwalk22 moved to start a separate thread as the issue is not the same as the one reported here by the original poster.

Official Employee

Amy, Do you have a specific date for an email that didn't get to you?  I'm not showing our system rejecting messages from your IP.  You're a comcast subscriber, and I see plenty of messages going back and forth between your comcast and unexco addresses.

Frequent Visitor

If I send an email from unexco to comcast it will not be recieved by comcast.  I send several a day.  About 10 today to try to fix the problem myself. 

Bronze Problem Solver
Moved:

Official Employee

amy2742, Have you checked your mail with both a regular client like Outlook, and also via the webmail system?  I'm going to check with our webmail team to see if it is perhaps a problem on their end.  I'll get back to you shortly.

Official Employee

Amy, could you please send a single message to your comcast.net from your unexco.com address and tell me when you've attempted to do that?  Please note the time on your computer when you do it.  I'm going to try to look for a specific instance.

Frequent Visitor

I just sent one at 1044 am.  Thanks

Frequent Visitor

I have checked with both, and nothing. 

Official Employee

Amy,

I believe I found the issue.  It appears that at some point, your mail provider was a large spam source, and was blocked.  I've removed the block, but it's possible it could return in the future.  Please get in touch with us again if this does happen.  If it is a recurring issue, we can reach out to the mail hosting company and try to work with them to help resolve the problem more permanently.  Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, Email is coming through!!  Thank you so much for all of your help.  That was not an easy one!!  Smiley Happy

New Poster

I am glad that someone has helped you out because no one has responded to me.  Glad you are getting emails again.

Regular Visitor

same aseveryone-no email

New Poster

Is email down? I keep getting message that credentials do not match

Official Employee

The Xfinity Connect folks are reporting an outage, and they're currently working on it.  If you require more details, contact "xc_cc".  Please keep in mind that they're working as quickly as they can to resolve the issue, and they'll have it back up as soon as they can.

Regular Visitor

This is not a CUSTOMER problem.  Your system is having issues.  I'm having the same problems and i'm not entering the wrong password, or whatever the excuse is that I keep getting from Comcast.  I can not log into web mail or download to Windows Outlook.  It is notable that others are having the same issues, as this would be obviously a recurring problem with Comcast customers, so why wouldn't the online Customer Service representative MENTION THAT WHEN THEY ARE CONTACTED.

Getting pretty fed up with the YOU MUST CLEAR YOUR COOKIES canned answer !!!! 

New Poster

I am an IT guy and can tell you this is a comcast mail server issue of some sort.  Be patient with them.  Mail server problems cannot be fixed by snapping the fingers.  I do agree their answers to problems are pretty lame.  Maybe if they were honest people would respect their answers a little more.

New Poster

If Comcast would just make an error message in plain English "Problems with our server - please be patient -we are attempting to resolve the problem as fast as possible"   instead of all the "unable to connect to the server"....etc with a whole lot of numbers, wording and error numbers it would certainly help diminish some of Comcast's customers' frustrations and reduce the customer's time trying to figure out whats wrong on their end.

Frequent Visitor

I totally agree Smiley Happy

New Poster

I am having the same problem. I do not get any e-mails. I am up to my fourth "CR" number with no results. But I did discover this last night. I created a new Yahoo account, and set my Comcast account to forward all e-mails there. I checked the "keep local copy box". I have now sent 5 e-mails to my Comcast account, and none of them have forwarded to my new e-mail account, but they are now finally showing up as received at my Comcat account.......... WHAT???!!!

New Poster

Unfortunately, that is a generic message thrown by windows on the reply back from the server to your email client.  That is something that cannot be changed.

New Poster

So your comcast account is working but the forward is not working.......Is that correct?

New Poster

As of last night, the messages didn't forward. As of this morning, they are now forwarding, and a copy is being kept at my Comcast address. I will now turn off the forwarding, and see if the account is receiving e-mails. Stay tuned.

New Poster

There was probably what they call a DNS issue so the forwarding wasn't working.  Comcast was more insterested in getting actual email working then work on the peripheral issues.

New Poster

Well I just turned of the forwarding and sent e-mails to my comcast address from two other Yahoo addresses I have, and I GOT BOTH E-MAILS!!!!!!!!. How it got fixed, I don't know, unless the person(s) monitoring this forum is that good. But whoever fixed it, THANK YOU!!!!!!

(Hopefully it stays fixed.)

Official Employee

Megaconfused,  We had a network issue last night relating to our mail platform.  It's entirely possible those messages were getting held up at some stage in the process and have finally cleared out.

New Poster

Their mail server was screwed up yesterday for about 3 hours or so.  After they got it back up, which probably required some type of switchover to a new server, it can take up to 24 hours or more for all those changes to be propagated out over the internet, etc.  Glad all is working for you.

New Poster

Maybe last night's change solved the problem, who knows? But this problem had been going on for 3-4 weeks.

New Poster

Latoque wrote:

Who is your ISP---Comcast or Unexco?  Who are you paying for internet service?  Because if you don't have an active Comcast paid account, your Comcast address won't work any more.comcast.net

comcast.net

New Poster

I have not received emails since installing easysolve.  plese fix this

New Poster

The problem has to be with easysolve.  It is probably blocking your email.  You need to read about the software to see if it blocks any SMTP ports or POP ports.

New Poster

I also am not receiving certain emails.  Currently, emais from Radio Shack have not been getting through.  Because of this, I have missed out on approximately $250.00 worth of coupons!!  Just another incentive to ditch Comcast.

New Poster

Thank you so much for trying to help....I think I have figured it out.  But I do seem to have lost some emails (I will survive tho).  Thanks again.

Official Employee

trzinger,  A number of people had reported messages from Radio Shack as being spam.  This should be resolved now.  Please ensure your spam settings are set to send spam to your Spam Folder.

Regular Contributor

This is why individual's Spam reports aren't a particularly reliable reference.  Many users seem to engage in reporting junk mail as Spam rather than using established methods of avoiding junk mail (unsubscribing).

Junk Mail is not the same thing as Spam and given the methodologies that Comcast uses for Spam filtering the distinction is critical.

Official Employee

Let's be clear here, this wasn't a matter of "individual spam reports."  This was the result of a significant complaint issue. 

Regular Contributor

So Radio Shack (or their MX provider) was hosting an open relay or a spam bot?

New Poster

Since installing Easy Solve in June 2012 I receive only an occasional email. What can be done?

Gold Problem Solver

Most of the Experts here would advise you to uninstall Easy Solve permanently.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Visitor

Am trying to receive emails from amazon and they are not getting through.  Help please.

Expert

5rfamily wrote:

Am trying to receive emails from amazon and they are not getting through.  Help please.

First, check your Spam folder and see if any of them got put in there.  If they are there, just start marking them Not Spam, and they should start showing up in the Inbox.  While you're at it, check your retention schedules and see what the default settings are for your Inbox and other folders, including Spam.  I think the default for Spam is either 3 or 7 days.  You may want to take it out to 30 so you don't lose legitimate emails that might get accidentaly routed into the Spam folder.  It happens.

Regular Visitor

I've been checking the Spam folder, they aren't there.  Additional suggestions?

Expert

I would call the 1-800 number for Comcast and see if they can sort it out for you.  It sounds like Amazon's emails are being blocked for some reason.  But a work-around for now would be to go to Comcast Customer Central.  Click on the "Users and Settings" tab, and set up auto-forwarding to send any emails from Amazon to an alternate email account, like Yahoo, gMail or Hotmail.  It's worth a try.

Official Employee

5rfamily: Could you send me a private message with the details of the messages you believe are missing?  Dates, receipients, etc.  I'll see what I can find.

Make sure your spam settings are set to put spammy messages in a folder.

Frequent Visitor

Hi Alex,

Something is not working right. My wife and I had been having issues with Comcast downloading emails to our phones. I have an iPhone and my wife has an android that cannot download the xfinity app; phone is too old. After we contacted support we started reveiving email again on our phones until Saturday July 21. We are both busy professionals that need no uninterrupted service on our phone systems, iphone or android. I have downloaded the xfinity app but already I don't like it. I'd rather use one mailer software and navigate to the mail accounts. Now I have 2 and potentially more.

Is there anyway Comcast can be more reliable in the mailer department?

Thanks,

Rudy and Laurie Espinosa

the real espinosa@comcast.net 

Official Employee

espinosa, Are you saying the messages aren't being received at all, or just via the mobile application?  If they're being marked as spam, that's one thing, if the mobile app isn't working, but the messages are coming through, that's a different situation.