Community Forum

not receiving email

bsalkovitz
Frequent Visitor

not receiving email

I am being asked why I am not responding. Upon searching for emails, that I am told were sent, others receive the messages and I do not. EMail receipts from a doctor had to be sent to gmail. Newsletters from memberships are not being received. I am having to change my email address from comcast to gamil. Comcast email has becom unreliable. It is even worse when your unaware of the issue.

yarntrails
Contributor

Re: not receiving email

How are you accessing your email?

If via a desktop or phone application, try logging into connect.xfinity.com and see if the emails in question are there (check junk folder too).  If they are, then go back to the app you're using, it likely needs the settings updated.  You can try removing and re-adding the comcast account, or going into the settings and checking them against the comcast recommended settings.  Typically an email application will tell you that it is not able to connect and have some sort of error if it can't retrieve your email but not in all cases.

If you're using connect.xfinity.com already then other than going into settings and making sure you don't have a filter set to block emails from certain domains or something, then it may be something on your account that needs to be fixed.  @ComcastCSAEmail may be able to help if that is the case.

bsalkovitz
Frequent Visitor

Have used webmail and desktop app. Prefered method is Apple Mail on desktop. Dont have any issues with other email addresses (apple, hotmail, yahoo, aol, multiple gmail and private domains) only comcast has this issue. Not the first time either. Had this happen few years ago. Have removed and added the accounts multiple times. This is not an issue on my end. The same results have been seen on comcast web mail. Sending email to multiple accounts, and the message arrives everywhere except comcast. The sender has shown me send rceipts. The mail is lost in comcast. Have called support and waster hours on the phone.

yarntrails
Contributor

If it isn't coming into your webmail (not in the junk folder either) and you've also confirmed you don't have any email filters active in webmail, then I would reach out to @ComcastCSAEmail to see if they can assist.

lpryluck
New Poster

I have received numerous messages in my xfinity/connect inbox through the web browser that have a sender, a subject, and a date sent but no body in the message.  These messages do not show up in Mac Mail on my computer.  The senders are not in my contact list, but messages from other senders who aren't in my contact list come through correctly.  In addition messages that I delete from the inbox using Mac Mail on my computer eventually show in the web inbox as no body.  Comcast has done two restores which recovered the actual bodyless messages, but the condition persists with new emails arriving.  Is this similar to your problem?