no E mails

New Poster

no E mails

not receiving E mails can you help me?.

Expert

Re: no E mails

@cms0721 wrote:

not receiving E mails can you help me?.

Are you using webmail or an email client?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am a e mail client.

Highlighted
Expert

@cms0721 wrote:

I am a e mail client.

What client are you using?  If you sign into the account using only the webmail interface and a browser does your email work OK then?  Have you tried sending yourself a test message from some other email account you have Like Yahoo or Gmail?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I sent a test email using my comcast address and it said it was sent.

Though still no emails in my inbox. I'm using google chrome as my web browser.

I don't know what happened I always got emails before. 

Expert

@cms0721 wrote:

You sent an email from your Comcast account to where? (don't post an actual email address)  Did you do so using only the webmail, or whatever client you are using?  What client do you have?  Are you referring to the Sent folder in the webmail or in the client?  You need to specify exactly what you are doing.

New Poster

I know what I'm talking about what's the reason you have to be rude for?.

Don't bother answering my emails for I won't ask for any of your help.

@Latoque wrote:

@cms0721 wrote:

You sent an email from your Comcast account to where? (don't post an actual email address)  Did you do so using only the webmail, or whatever client you are using?  What client do you have?  Are you referring to the Sent folder in the webmail or in the client?  You need to specify exactly what you are doing.

Expert

@cms0721 wrote:

I am a e mail client.

What email client [program] are you using?  You say you're using Google Chrome for your web browser, so does that mean you only access your email through there and you're not using a separate email client [program] on your desktop?  If you're only using webmail through your browser, did you make any changes in Settings based on something you might have read here on the forum?  If so, what was it? 

You also say that you sent a test message using your comcast.net email and it shows up in your Sent message folder.  I'm guessing it didn't show up in your Inbox, is that right?  Do you have another email account somewhere, like with Yahoo or outlook.com or AOL mail, etc?  If you do, can you send an email from there to your comcast.net email account?  If not, are you receiving the notifications of a new post to this thread?

We need as much information as possible to be able to help you without you giving us any personal information.

Contributor

I am having this same issue.

I'm using webmail and going through safari, although earlier today i was on a desktop and used internet explorer. 

If I use my phone (the xfinity e-mail  app) they send fine.

I send e-mails my normal fashion and they simply aren't received by the recipients. They DO show up in my sent items as being sent (but they aren't getting delivered to the recipient). I've even sent one to myself and have had the same issue.

Figured out today that all e-mails sent since 7 am did not go through, so I used my phone app to resend them with a note about malfunctioning comcast e-m.

HELP!